Livingroom redecorating
tam1777
I need storage for a large (400) video collection that fits into my living room. The large cabinet is only temporary. The couch and chairs will stay. The tables may or may not stay. Anyone have suggestions for good looking storage options?
Rina
There's so much I like about your room, and I'm sure others will have lots to say. I hope so. Here are my initial thoughts, based on using a long, low "media" cabinet. The grey rectangles of course are meant to represent a small gallery of pictures -- possibly family pictures, as I see you have some of those there at the moment. You could of course place more things on the cabinet, but I'd caution against using a lot of little stuff. And I know the cushion I've put in isn't quite right, but I had to get rid of the the turquoise which looked as though it wasn't meant to be there anyway. :-)
4 Likes   Thanked by tam1777    May 9, 2014 at 10:26AM
tam1777
I like your idea with a long low cabinet. And keeping it uncluttered works for me. I've been looking at the wrong type of cabinets this whole time.
1 Like   May 22, 2014 at 12:38PM
tam1777
Next I need window treatments. This is a south facing window and very big as you can see. I love looking into the back yard to watch the birds and see my flower beds, but its hot hot hot in the summer. I wish it just looked pretty on the inside.
0 Likes   May 22, 2014 at 12:40PM
Leslie Brooks
I love your chairs! How about a deep, yet bright mulberry color? I'm thinking the depth of eggplant with the boldness of magenta. Then pair with a light as air turquoise like the throw in your picture.
1 Like   May 22, 2014 at 1:27PM
Mint Design
How about a device to transfer your video collection to your computer or at least to dvds?
0 Likes   Thanked by tam1777    May 22, 2014 at 1:44PM
tam1777
Thank you for the idea, but this collection is more than just being able to see the video.
0 Likes   May 28, 2014 at 1:01PM
bgfuqua
there are solar shades that don't totally block the view.
0 Likes   May 28, 2014 at 11:16PM
rbrad
You have such high ceilings that a large statement piece would work real well in your space. Check out this recent ideabook:

0 Likes   Thanked by tam1777    May 29, 2014 at 8:44AM
Beverly Anderson Interior Design
I like the idea of keeping the storage unit long and low and I love the mulberry color idea!
0 Likes   Thanked by tam1777    May 29, 2014 at 9:04AM
Beverly Anderson Interior Design
or do you have a closet nearby? You could outfit it with shelves in just the sizes to hold your video library.
0 Likes   Thanked by tam1777    May 29, 2014 at 9:05AM
tam1777
I wish I had more closets. The house doesn't have enough storage space.
0 Likes   June 12, 2014 at 8:42AM
Shannon Stephens Fraser
how to arrange large/odd shaped living room.
0 Likes   July 30, 2014 at 6:58PM
Rina
Tam, you talk of wanting prettiness. How about replacing your rather severe neutral drapes with a soft green -- your wall colour. only much lighter -- hover cursor on pic below if the colour I'm thinking of doesn't show. Then pull your sofa away from the window, place a low table behind it and place soft greenery on the table. I also think you could do with an extra chair, in the place I've marked with an X. Get the prettiest one you can find.
http://www.next.co.uk/shop/productaffiliation-curtainsandblinds/category-curtains-colour-green-style-patterned-type-eyelet#1_338
0 Likes   July 31, 2014 at 11:19AM
Rina
Shannon Stephens Fraser, I think you are looking for advice? You need to post your own thread for that. Trying to discuss two different dilemmas on one thread is just too confusing. And provide as much information as you can, within reason, about e.g. whether you need a TV in there, what furniture you have, etc. Good luck.
0 Likes   July 31, 2014 at 11:23AM
Rina
Tam, I'm also thinking of a rug in your seating area. Not too clear on what would work best, but it would be nice to get something that mixes your green with the aqua/turquoise you seem to like.
0 Likes   July 31, 2014 at 11:46AM
need help redecorating my livingroom
I want to use purple and green,, But want it to look...
Redecorating beach house livingroom
Getting ready to redecorate. Current decor is 20 years...
Need inspiration for redecorating my livingroom
Not sure which colour schemes to go for. Like silver/grey/black...
How would you redecorate?
I need to redo my 90's living room! The couch and gold...
Redecoration Ideas?
I have a pretty small bedroom (basically a square)...
Will this kitchen function?
One of our wishes was to have enough seating for five...
Need advice for door color
I am wanting to add some color to the front of my house....
TILES CAN I "HONE" AN INDOOR TILE FOR OUTDOOR USE ONCE COATED ?
Hello people, Question time again. Im trying to match...
Testimonies From Users Of Elfa or FreedomRail Closet Systems?
Considering a purchase of closet system, and have been...
I am putting corten flat steel panels for siding on my new house. They
I am putting 4'x8' 14-ga corten steel panels as siding...