Looking for help with dining room chairs to match barstools
nelsons10513
Hi! Moving into my new house next week and want help finding what dining chairs I should buy. I attached a few pictures. One is of the dining room/snack bar space with the current seller's stuff in it (not my stuff!). The others are the farmhouse table and benches my husband made and the two leather barstools that I got a steal on so couldn't resist buying. The picture of the white tufted chairs are what I'm THINKING of buying but that's where I need help!

I need to buy two dining chairs for the ends of the tables - the long ends have benches. Would this lighter color and tufted fabric look good even though I bought dark brown leather barstools? I want something to lighten up the area, but I also don't want it to clash with the barstools. My style is really that farmhouse style/rustic look so I want something to soften things up as the table is dark and the barstools are dark. Thanks!!!!!!!!
flair lighting
yes they will look great!! just make sure to scotch guard them lol!
May 9, 2014 at 3:07PM   
Keesee and Associates, Inc.
I love the dining chairs you posted!

I don't think they clash with the barstools too much, but they kind of have an opposite thing going on - dark vs. light, sleek vs. soft. I think the barstools you have don't really fit your rustic farmhouse theme you seem to be aiming for.

However, your table, benches, and chairs are perfect for it. The dining chairs will look fantastic with the table and benches! So if you got the stools for a steal, I'd consider using them in another room, or passing the bargain along. They could be a steal for a new family. Instead, I'd consider something like these saddle seat stools that still are quite affordable. http://www.amazon.com/Winsome-Saddle-24-Inch-Counter-Walnut/dp/B001E95R3G/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1399674126&sr=1-1&keywords=saddle+seat+stool

They'll fit your style much better. I'm just not sure if you'd rather have stools with a back.
May 9, 2014 at 3:30PM      Thanked by nelsons10513
Keesee and Associates, Inc.
And be sure to ditch the blinds for a different window treatment once you move in ;)
May 9, 2014 at 3:31PM      Thanked by nelsons10513
kranno
Love the light chairs you posted for the ends of your table, but the tufting looks a bit traditional to me.
May 9, 2014 at 5:43PM     
nelsons10513
Thanks for the help so far. My hubby and I did/do want backs on the barstools so I'm torn what to do there. I agree blinds have to go! Any suggestions on what to do for blinds and for a new fixture above the table? My idea right now is a curtain rod as high up to the ceiling as possible to make it look grander and then probably just two white or cream panels. Nothing with a pattern or anything.
May 10, 2014 at 8:20PM   
tippie64
Have seen some sliding shutters to cover the sliding doors which look cool.
May 10, 2014 at 8:24PM   
Keesee and Associates, Inc.
Have you considered getting the barstools reupholstered? If you're willing to take on the challenge, you might even be able to do it yourself. Find a good how to guide and fabric that would match your future dining chairs better, then give it a shot, or ask for a quote locally.

As for the window treatment, I love the ceiling height floor panel idea. Perfect for the elegant style you're going for. I'm always a fan of Pottery Barn's panels, and it gives you a good idea of that "grander" feel.
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/cameron-cotton-tab-top-drape/?pkey=cview-all-curtains&cm_src=view-all-curtains||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-
May 13, 2014 at 1:27PM   
May 13, 2014 at 1:29PM   
how woud you place furniture in a 11.5 x 29 ft room.
I have a large window at each end. I have a 5 ft opening...
Need advice on flooring for my house
I have 3 bhk flat with area of around 2200 sq.ft. ...
Ideas For Cover Up 2 rooms which are not co linear
Have 2 rooms which are not aligned in a straight line...
Help needed!
Any ideas on how to makeover this 1960's tiled fireplace...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...