Do you recomend to use limestone floor in the Kitchen?
quekita
I want to give a face-lift to my house after living here for twelve years, thinking on changing floor for something contemporary that will last before it looks old. Is limestone the newest and trendy stone floor?

Thank you for helping me.
HI -- Yes it is a good choice ... but not the only one . Their are a lot of new things you could do in this space . You should go to some stone and tile shops to see what there is . I love the old stone floor looks . There is even the French style stone floors that I think have a no grout look ... not sure but I think the stone is set with just sand . The actor Rob Lowe has it in his house in the entrance . It was featured in Architectural Digest . The re-claimed antique wood is also very popular now too.
May 11, 2014 at 10:21AM     
Linda Buice
I had a limestone floor in my kitchen and wouldn't do it again. Material is a bit 'soft' and cracked or pitted when something was dropped on it. Also, acidic liquids (lemon juice and the like) damage the surface if you don't immediately get it up. Love the stone look, but upkeep with limestone is a challenge.
May 11, 2014 at 10:36AM     
Sophie Wheeler
Porcelain lookalikes are a much better choice from a maintenence perspective.
May 11, 2014 at 12:24PM     
Ancient Surfaces
Go for hard limestone such as our class of Oolitic limestone. It never scratches, stains or cracks.
July 8, 2014 at 4:56AM     
i need help with ceiling design idea for big bedroom !
the sizes r 6m L and 4 W prefer it to be modren or...
Long wall
Please advise. This is a long wall. In our formal dining...
Please help with rug idea!
I have this chair, a dark hard woods and a slightly...
What to do with the front porch!!
We would love to have a more charming front porch....
What to do with this outdoor space?
I love our small screened in porch--but hate how it...