The best chair you have ever sat in?
Luke Buckle
What style or model of chair is the most comfortable you have experienced? For me, it is the white Barcelona chair. I am not the owner of one but I am able to dream - and to visit cafes smart enough to include one! I do like the look of this yellow one, too. And it looks somewhat more affordable.
Pictures encouraged! Barcelona Chair, Siena White Stonewood
Lainie
I'm a bit like you Luke. I've never sat in this chair by Paola Lenti, but it something to aspire to and it just screams comfortable
May 12, 2014 at 9:55PM     
May not look it and I felt a little sorry for the teddy bears, but.... sooooo fluffy and cuddly
May 12, 2014 at 10:41PM     
OnePlan
this one maybe ?!
May 13, 2014 at 7:09AM     
jn3344
When I was a kid my mom and dad had one of these. I sat in it constantly reading and listening to Radio North Sea! I've always wanted one.
May 13, 2014 at 7:15AM     
May 13, 2014 at 8:09AM     
Luke Buckle
Oneplan, what is THAT! Hilarious and kinda spooky.
May 13, 2014 at 5:00PM     
jn3344
Thank you, ASV! And Herman Miller no less!
May 13, 2014 at 5:28PM     
rredpenn
OnePlan where did you find that? I need to send someone who loves Alice in Wonderland stuff the link! :) THX!
May 13, 2014 at 6:08PM     
Menage Interiors
These sure do look slick in the right setting! We all would love an Eames chair but the budget doesn't always allow for it :)
May 13, 2014 at 6:23PM   
Studio M Interior Design
Honestly, my old Papason chair has been a hit ever since I got it awhile back. Even the dog likes to lounge around in this classically relaxed chair! :)
May 13, 2014 at 6:41PM     
ColorSplashes
I am lucky enough to have two of these - I love them. So modern and yes comfy. I do need a pillow for my lower back though.
The rug is no longer there. :-)
May 13, 2014 at 7:14PM   
Pamela DeCuir Interior Designs
Purchased in 1982 from a fancy department store, this wing chair has been reupholstered several times to fit in with new homes and changing decor. For me, a firmer seat and a more upright back make me most comfortable. Right now it's in my woman cave and is where I sit to do my stitching.
May 14, 2014 at 5:31AM     
giolitti199
In 1983 I bought four of Dino Gavina's "Sedia Tomasa." Mine have darkened over the years, as oak will, and have a beautiful patina. After marriage, divorce and three different homes, they are my longest domestic relationship.
May 14, 2014 at 7:42AM        Thanked by Luke Buckle
Jason Chuck
I don't know about comfort but I always thought a Red and a Gold Driade Nemo chair would make my Iron Man obsessed friends very jealous: http://cdn.ambientedirect.com/chameleon/mediapool/thumbs/0/9f/none_860x500-ID38218-1353a1147bfd35b7ad661d39ea9326a9.jpg
May 18, 2014 at 10:27PM     
kathleen MK
Why is it that those ugly over stuff recliners are so comfortable?
My favorite chairs have been the old claw and ball footed wingback where my dad read to me and the squeaky platform rocker where grandma rocked me. I still love my swivel shellback chairs which need recovering after 20+ years.
May 21, 2014 at 6:59PM     
BLee
Teddy bears! I am into frogs …. does anyone know of froggy chairs I could use on my camping trips? My most comfortable chair was a $39.95 fake leather recliner, purchased at Montgomery Wards in 1966 when my husband was convalescing from surgery. Recovered twice, new springs the 2nd time. In 2006, I arrived home from work and sank gratefully into this now 'vintage' chair and it gracefully, though noisily, collapsed. Springs, nuts, bolts, shredded innards, and me - scattered all over the living room! So I splurged on a frighteningly expensive modern chair, the second most comfy chair I have had. 6 years later the footrest refused to support my size 7 bare feet. A bolt had sheared off, and the mechanism could not be repaired. Enter the 3rd most comfy, an Ikea Poang, covered with a blanket while awaiting a custom made slip cover. By now, I have accumulated 74 years of aches and pains that often awake me at night; I crawl to the Poang, and snooze happily 'til morning. No photo of the heroic Monkey Ward, chair, but next two pictured.
May 21, 2014 at 7:19PM   
BLee
Chairs - 0pps. tapped wrong pic, almost invisible on mini IPad. Though those couches look pretty nice. Try again.
May 21, 2014 at 8:00PM      Thanked by Luke Buckle
BLee
Second chair
May 21, 2014 at 8:04PM     
Luke Buckle
Blee, that looks mighty comfy
May 21, 2014 at 9:00PM     
BLee
Hey, Luke, I found a frog chair, and if you don't like frogs there are ants, cobras, and a wonderful creepy zoo of bug chairs. Fabulous, so check out Wild Designs Frog Chair. Alas, they don't look "mighty comfy".
May 21, 2014 at 9:42PM      Thanked by Luke Buckle
Sasha G.
I could sink into one of these right about now ->
July 9, 2014 at 4:43PM     
need help with wall color
My kitchen wall needs color. The area I prep and cook...
Hardwood not allowed according to pros for curved hallway
Currently have carpet which I hate in my upstairs hallway....
Need help with our kitchen
We are currently thinking of remodeling our kitchen...
Please help me decorate our new apartment
Hello, in october me and my girlfriend will be moving...
i need help with creating a stone fireplace
what type of stone or color to use on fireplace? Should...