Window seating in awkward space.
rquetglas
The breakfast area has an irregular shape. I want to keep the 27" tulip along with a window seating. I don't know if I should build the seating around the irregular shape window or only build in a section only. Any suggestion? Thank you!
chemayne
Build an L shaped window seat on the right angled walls. chairs can go around the tulip after.
May 12, 2014 at 2:51pm        Thanked by rquetglas
May 12, 2014 at 3:33pm        Thanked by rquetglas
jmkaes
Great floor!
May 14, 2014 at 3:07pm        Thanked by rquetglas
A banquette that angles with the wall would help maximize the space for seating.
May 14, 2014 at 3:13pm     
May 14, 2014 at 3:21pm     
Riese Design, Inc.
I agree with Chemayne. Also, a really fun print on a drapery would really finish the space nicely. Good luck!
May 14, 2014 at 3:26pm        Thanked by rquetglas
seun Ajanwachuku
If you can find a fold up seating that can be mounted on the wall below the windows, this will allow you to have space for seating when you need it.
May 14, 2014 at 3:37pm      Thanked by rquetglas
trisheye
Yes, the built-in seating idea seems perfect. If you add hinges to the top of the seats rather than nailing it to the base, you will have extra storage within for linens and rarely used appliances.
May 19, 2014 at 8:39am        Thanked by rquetglas
Pateridis Properties
Curtains and a rug to ground everything would cozy it up and help.
May 19, 2014 at 8:46am      Thanked by rquetglas
Sheila Cody
The banquette seating concept seems the general consensus here. (interesting to me to see this return to being in 'vogue' - my Dad built one for our dinette in 1950! -great storage solution for xl pots and pans) I would get or make a table to fit the space too and use the tulip table elsewhere. A set of comfy cushions for the banquette in coordinating with window treatment fabric would be lovely.
May 19, 2014 at 8:51am      Thanked by rquetglas
Grace Refuerzo
Agree with the bench and add decorative pillows. Roll up the blinds or replace with a white material roman or roller shades.
May 19, 2014 at 8:57am      Thanked by rquetglas
Peggy Sturdivant
I immediately thought of built in window seating! You could do cushions in the same cute fabric that's in the chairs and some cute relaxed roman shades for the windows!
May 19, 2014 at 8:59am      Thanked by rquetglas
Milgard Windows & Doors
A window seat would work beautifully, it opens up the space too. We would replace the blinds with some curtains to let in more sunlight.
May 19, 2014 at 9:00am   
Badass Wear
I would build the bench seat at the back and have 2 really comfortable chairs similar but maybe not quite as chunky as these http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S89830491/
Then I would accent with some beautiful green pear (popular for 2014) coloured pillows and accents. http://www.zazzle.ca/badass_wear/gifts?cg=196296580686359510
May 19, 2014 at 9:03am      Thanked by rquetglas
madgone
Seems like you'd need a somewhat larger table if you are doing seating for 4 ( or more) people. This tabLe looks like it would only accommodate 2 diners.
May 19, 2014 at 9:32am        Thanked by rquetglas
Badass Wear
I was thinking the same as madgone. If it's just being used for tea for example and not place settings then maybe 4 would be fine.
May 19, 2014 at 12:17pm      Thanked by rquetglas
littlemissk
Entire context would be helpful.
May 19, 2014 at 3:16pm      Thanked by rquetglas
Heidi Hunt_Kagarakis
I have seen upper cabinets on a base used for banquette seating. Pinterest or Ikea hacks has ideas.
May 20, 2014 at 6:24am      Thanked by rquetglas
Lauren Topolinsky
You could put a rounded rod around the wall to make the area look round, put a nice grey curtain and add a flower or something on the table !
May 20, 2014 at 6:46am      Thanked by rquetglas
Shade Works Window Fashions Inc.
Update the Window Coverings! Work with the design and colour of the flooring, as well as the chairs. Maybe match the colouring on the chair, or match with the floor. Sheer Elegance shades always help the style of a room by creating some fashion and functionality. Let the light in or block the light out with one motion of the chain control.
May 20, 2014 at 1:05pm      Thanked by rquetglas
Advice for painting a bedroom navy/indigo
I am thinking of painting the master bedroom a dark...
paint advice pls!
I'm renovating a large house and want to use shades...
Rug for bedroom
Hi, I have a 10x10 bedroom with wood floors and...