Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fallonmo

What is the most practical fabric for a couch at the beach?

Moira Fallon
12 years ago
I love rooms that show white slipcovered furniture, but I have a hard time believing that they will work with my 3 young children. I know you can wash them, but if I'm only using my house for long weekends, I don't want to spend my time washing slipcovers. Do you have other suggestions for fabric on couches and chairs?
Plantation Sunroom · More Info

Comments (7)

• Mommy Trish
    12 years ago
    Have slipcovers made from Sunbrella fabric.
  • PRO
    kellydesigns
    12 years ago
    Yes sunbrella fabric is quite durable, also stainguard the fabric so that when something happens clean up is easier
  • PRO
    kellydesigns
    12 years ago
    Micro fiber is basically child proof but really to heavy for a beach house and sunbrella or any sun protected fabric have many alternatives -many quite inexpensive
  • bepsf
    12 years ago
    There's nothing worse than sitting on manmade fibers when you're slightly sunburnt - except perhaps leather.

Cottons and linens are soft and easy to clean - That's why most folks wear them at the beach and use them for their beach homes.
  • TanCalGal
    12 years ago
    I love blue denim (like jeans).
  • bepsf
    12 years ago
    Denim is very comfortable - but it fades from the sun and salt water and soon takes on a dated, worn appearance...
    ...which is why most designers, when decorating beach homes, stick with white or natural denim or canvas - which doesn't have such issues.