What color tile for shower floor?
msboc
I am enlarging my shower and putting in a new vanity and sink. Since I already have white tile on the floor and around the jacuzzi in my bathroom, I decided that I would continue to use white tile in the shower,above the vanity and on my walls. I will have a white vanity. I had planned on having a cararra countertop and found glass trim with small green glass and marble which is partially green and white marble, and some whitish gray marble.I will use the trim in the shower as well as around the bathroom.

My question is: What would look best on the shower floor? I had thought of using cararra tile or porcelain that looks like it. The tile man suggested that the cararra is so close to white that it might look dirty and that I should consider sticking with white.

I'd like to hear thoughts from others.

Thanks so much.
sstarr93
Use the porcelain carrara imitation. It will be more durable and cleanable.
    Bookmark   May 12, 2014 at 8:37PM
msboc
Thanks. What do you think about the gray/white tile with all white tile (and colored trim) on the walls?
    Bookmark   May 12, 2014 at 8:43PM
bgfuqua
ask your tile man if one is more slippery - spell? - than the other. it all looks nice and fresh.
    Bookmark   May 12, 2014 at 8:59PM
sstarr93
Your grey and white tile is very pale, and will blend with your other colors, if you are using it only on the shower floor.
    Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 2:24AM
ambersarris
Have you considered using the mosaic tile on the shower floor? The grout will make it non slip and you won't need to mitre the tiles to make the water flow to the outlet.
]
    Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 3:59AM
msboc
Using the mosaic for the floor is a thought. I imagine it will be expensive. But in the scheme of things.......

Let me add three more variables to the mix. When I went to borrow the same of the mosaic shown above, I noticed the dealer had new samples ( which he wouldn't let me take). The glass on the newer sample was greener than the sample I've shown and I didn't like it as much. I've literally spent weeks going from tile shop to tile shop looking for something that would include the Carrara marble, white, and a soft color glass. I had been hoping for a color more aqua than green. This is the only tile I found that fulfilled all the requirements. But not 100% sold on it anymore.

As it is, there is green and white marble as well as white in the mosaic.

Can any of you think of another way to add a little interest and a little color to the room? I chose the Carrara because it's fairly neutral and adds a little interest. Is there something else I could consider using for the countertop? Trying to pull the gray/white and a soft color for the mosaic has been a challenge.

To the person who said the gray and white floor would blend in, would it make sense to get tile that has more gray than white in it?

Sorry. I know this sounds jumbled and confused, but that's how I'm feeling!!!!!
    Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 7:18AM
I have a rich brown metal roof...what color paint should I choose for
I have just purchased this home and the colors and...
adamwestcott
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
zazfuzzroc
What type hinges to use on a picture that hides a tv.
Hi There, I am trying to find out what type of hinges...
Eberling Design
Ceiling fans
We are looking at the Minka Aire Aviation fan vs something...
flopsycat1
What wall color for my kitchen?
I want to keep the oak cabinets. I think it goes well...
Anna