Power box at my front door
palampman
Let me try posting this again with more pictures to see if you folks with ideas and vision can suggest a solution to cover this ugly box. Thank you for your thoughts, Karen
searching4bliss
Perhaps a tall potted plant like this would block the unsightly box.
May 14, 2014 at 9:38pm     
Curt D'Onofrio
What's wrong with these people...installing their unsightly meters at front of house. Well anyway now it's there. For curb appeal grow a vine plant that will twist around you left right post
May 14, 2014 at 9:58pm     
nwduck
Would it be permitted to box it in as a column with a way to open it top to bottom to read the meter and access wiring? If so, I think I would do that---make it a column with the dentil molding as over the door...really dress it up with other moldings, and then do a matching one opposite it, leaving off the operable "door" bit. It could become a feature instead of an eyesore.
May 14, 2014 at 10:25pm   
Normally - even in my part of the world - there are rules that surround meters and anything that can obstruct them. My suggestion is to get potted plants on wheels. Add a tall feather reed grass (Calamagrostis 'Karl Foerster'). they grow tall enough to fill the area with some green half the year and then a lovely golden straw like colour the other...
May 14, 2014 at 10:31pm     
nwduck
ASV: It really does depend where you are, and the local regulations. I managed commercial properties, and all the meters were boxed as allowed in our jurisdiction.
May 14, 2014 at 10:37pm   
Fred S
Even then, in Oregon the enclosures must meet specific clearance and access requirements and have prior approval that can be revoked later.
https://www.rockymountainpower.net/content/dam/pacific_power/doc/Contractors_Suppliers/Electric_Service_Requirements/Six-State_ESR.pdf
May 15, 2014 at 4:16am     
palampman
Thank you for that great suggestion. This inset entrance does not get a lot of direct light, so I will have to search for a plant that does not need full sun. This would be easier than trying to build something over the box. Thanks again, Karen
May 16, 2014 at 9:18am   
Power box at my front door
Hello all of you who have imagination and vision. ...
Want!! Craftsman style Front Porch on my builder grade box!!
Just bought this house in northern MN. As you can see,...
Get out of the box...Purple Front Door
50 yr old ranch needed some fun.
Where can you get the electrical switch boxes and power boxes?
I have asked electrical wholesalers and hardware places...
cabinet makers/brands
Hi all, thanks to those who offered up advice for my...
Island too big! Can't find granite that is 139 inches
I went to select granite today and the largest they...
Pls Help Pick Paint Colors for Furniture Makeovers
My family room is at the end of a long room with the...
What are the pros and cons of a Murphy bed versus a sleeper sofa
We have a guest room which we use as our office and...
What should i do with this 140 yo house main entry hall?
I want to remove the pre finished walls and re do the...