Advice for cabinet hardware
kbrennan11
Any advice for cabinet hardware options? BM white dove cabinets with cambria Wellington countertops. Island is a chocolate stain with cambria lincolnshire countertops. We have a hand scraped maple floor, an almond kohler sink and brilliant stainless sink. All stainless appliances. Any advice??
kbrennan11
More pics.
    Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 4:09PM
Riese Design, Inc.
I would do polished nickel on the island and antique bronze on the wall cabinets. Also, do knobs for doors and pulls for drawers. Good luck!!
3 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by kbrennan11    May 14, 2014 at 4:13PM
There are many different finishes that could work. Personally, I like the consistency of a finish like brushed nickel or chrome with your stainless appliances and sink. And they will look good on both the light and dark cabinetry.
    Bookmark   Thanked by kbrennan11    May 14, 2014 at 4:13PM
farmerjoewife
What a dream kitchen!!! You have done a beautiful job. On the white I would suggest picking up on the chocolate color on the hood and backsplash trim, with darker color knobs. The knobs would help bring the attention to your focal piece. As for the island I like Feeny and RD's idea of the brushed nickel to go with the appliances. I also like your light fixtures.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by kbrennan11    May 14, 2014 at 4:51PM
kbrennan11
Misprint: faucet is kohler's brilliant stainless finish and Sink is kohler's almond color.
    Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 6:56PM
kbrennan11
Thanks for all your advice so far.
    Bookmark   May 14, 2014 at 6:57PM
M Rene Designs
Fabulous kitchen! I agree Riese Design on their recommendations. Just beautiful!
    Bookmark   Thanked by kbrennan11    May 15, 2014 at 5:22AM
Rebecca Mitchell Interiors & Boutique
Great kitchen! I would go with dark oil rubbed bronze for hardware. Like the range hood. Definitely not nickel in my opinion.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by kbrennan11    May 15, 2014 at 5:37AM
Stone Harbor Hardware
You do have a great kitchen! I like the cohesive look of using the same finish on all of the cabinets and drawers, and using a combination of pulls and knobs. A satin nickel or stainless steel finish would match your appliances and faucets, and they would provide some contrast with your dark cabinets in the island.
    Bookmark   Thanked by kbrennan11    May 15, 2014 at 9:29AM
whirlwyn
Years ago I switched out kitchen knobs that I found at a reasonable price. 2 days later, I removed the sample I'd installed b/c it's angular design feature was too uncomfortable. Sample one or two designs for fashion and function. Are you considering complimenting your light fixtures - not matchy-matchy but coordinated? Have fun.
    Bookmark   Thanked by kbrennan11    May 15, 2014 at 10:38AM
TheRTAStore
Hello! We'd choose something that matches your appliances and faucet. It might be nice to bring a little of that chrome/nickle color onto the cabinets.
    Bookmark   Thanked by kbrennan11    May 15, 2014 at 10:55AM
adivra
Knobs and pulls have to function well. Consider comfort in the hand, especially important if you have small or large ones, or arthritis, etc... I once had square knobs and constantly had to straighten them. That was a pain and eventually they became permanently loose . My personal preference it to keep the finish uniform.
    Bookmark   Thanked by kbrennan11    May 15, 2014 at 12:37PM
flair lighting
Do you have the edison bulbs in your Kichler fixtures?.. i am curious. I would do silver pulls too, its the first thing i thought. stream line straight.
    Bookmark   Thanked by kbrennan11    May 15, 2014 at 12:43PM
kbrennan11
I do have edison bulbs in the pendants.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 1:44PM
The Lamp Goods
I love the look of the pendants and agree the edison bulbs really add to the overall look
1 Like    Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 7:24AM
sage0807
We are in the process of refinishing our cabinets (waiting for the doors to be finished) and they are similiar to yours in color. I also like the look of keeping the pulls/knobs all the same metal. For our cabinets, we have white (went with Winter Snow instead of White Dove) on the perimeter uppers & lowers and black stain on the island. For the hardware, we are going with brushed nickel knobs for the cabinets and pulls for the drawers. The shape of the pulls mimic the refrigerator door which I believe will keep things cohesive and pull the room together.
    Bookmark   Thanked by kbrennan11    May 16, 2014 at 9:07AM
kbrennan11
flair lighting, I received an email about your response about the lighting but only could see part of it and I don't see it listed above. Can you please restate it. Thanks!
    Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 2:35PM
kbrennan11
sage0807, Do you know the brand of the pulls you went with?
    Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 2:36PM
nansdrew
We have similar finishes. We used SS pulls and latches for the white periphery cabinets and oil-rubbed bronze for the stained island. Same hardware just different finishes. Goodluck!
    Bookmark   May 16, 2014 at 4:02PM
flair lighting
lighting looks great. I was surprised to see how bright the Edison bulbs appeared. if anything i might, get a dimmer, or lower the wattage.
    Bookmark   May 17, 2014 at 11:47AM
Advice for standard placement of hardware on Kitchen cabinets & drawer
I have knobs for cabinets and pulls for drawers
amylfanning
Need help with kitchen cabinet hardware.
Hello. I am a first-time homeowner and our home has...
lucabear2011
Kitchen Cabinet hardware
It there a "rule of thumb" relating the size of cabinet...
dbshealy
Advice on door hardware
I am remodeling several rooms in my condo as well as...
blackchamois
KItchen cabinet hardware dilemma
Hi! I have just painted my old oak cabinets a glossy...
pinkerton29
Choosing Cabinets for Kitchen Renovation! Please help...
Currently planning my kitchen renovation. I have already...
Toni
Stay safe and warm, East Coast Houzzers!
Are you impacted by the blizzard on the East Coast...
What to do with entry?
See pic below, suggestions welcome
lc21
Heart Collage
Do you think this would be cool to make? I want to...
swishjen000
Help me stage my bookcase
I have old video games I would love to sell/get rid...
Olivia Seffens