What is paint color? Thanks
ditaxirn
March 10, 2012 in Photo Questions
Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
The paint is a custom-mixed color. We started with Sherwin Williams "Gray Screen" then cut it by 25%. Then we added 1 more drop of black tint. The color will look different in different rooms, depending on the light. You could also play with SW "Misty".
2 Likes   March 10, 2012 at 8:39AM
kathydowling
Ellen, I have used Passive SW 7064 in my Great Room/Kitchen and up my stairs. This connects into my formal living and dining rooms that have alot of beautiful crown molding and columns of white. I was considering using Argos SW7065 or Cityscape SW 7067. Any advice as I love your designs.
0 Likes   June 8, 2012 at 2:53AM
Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
I think Argos is too light to be a good contrast but I think Cityscape is too dark. I would try samples of Argos 150% (little darker) or maybe try Gray Matters
0 Likes   June 8, 2012 at 6:09AM
Esther Lira Barajas
what do you mean you cut the paint by 25%? Pardon my ignorance. If I go to the paint store and ask them to do that, should they know what I'm talking about? Thx!
1 Like   July 31, 2012 at 6:14PM
Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
It means that the paint store takes the formula and takes out 1/4 of each pigment amount before adding to the paint base.
0 Likes   August 21, 2012 at 6:34PM
Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
0 Likes   October 5, 2012 at 7:27PM
Kevin Raupp
Where is the beautiful light fixture from? Love the room!
0 Likes   October 24, 2013 at 8:14AM
Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
It's from Currey and Company
0 Likes   October 24, 2013 at 9:25AM
dela115
Beautiful room..I love your work. I have a mirror like this one 70x 41. Do you think I can put this over a 68 in buffet? My ceilings are 8 ft cathedral and it is an open floor plan.
0 Likes   August 20, 2014 at 5:23AM
Ellen Grasso & Sons, LLC
It won't fit unless you turn it sideways. I like mirrors that are taller than they are wide, even though I realize that some people turn them sideways.
0 Likes   August 20, 2014 at 6:20AM
dela115
I was hoping to turn it sideways. Between the buffet and mirror it will take up most of the wall. It will have the reflection of the chandlier and the window which reflects the water. My concern is that there will be a i inch overhang on eac side of the buffet. Do you think it will look bad?
0 Likes   August 20, 2014 at 7:46AM
busy granite?
My husband and I really like the granite that has depth...
Folding door vs. regular door for corner pantry
This is the kitchen layout of my house that is to be...
Curb appeal
About to place my bungalow up for rent. Looking for...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...