Kitchen pulls and paint
Kathy
This was my kitchen, but now I've painted it Sherwin Williams Connected Gray. The paint color is sooo green and dark; online, it was more mellow, and I think it looks terrible with the cabinets and my furniture in the family room. (We also painted the living room/hallways SW Grassland; we like that.) We don't want to repaint over the Grassland, but we need a paint color that will definitely go with Grassland and also the maple kitchen cabinets; something light and neutral. Second dilemma: kitchen pulls. I'd like the kitchen to look updated, and I can't get redo the cabinets right now. Suggestions?
Gantt's Decorating
I have used "grassland" several times. It is a great greyish green and a good neutral color. You made the mistake of thinking a color off the same page was an easy way to coordinate one room to another. It looks bad because the deep color creates too much contrast with your light almost pinkish cabinets. Try looking at SW Colonial Revival Tan SW 2828. Get a chip and hold it up to the cabinets. It should look great with grassland too. With cabinets making up the largest wall space in kitchens it is essential that the color almost match the wood tones. A soft stripe wall paper with grassland and colonial revival tan color would work better than the paint because it would look good with the cabinets and bring in the "grasslands" color. Good Luck Bill
0 Likes   Thanked by Kathy    May 18, 2014 at 8:41PM
Gantt's Decorating
The cabinet pulls are unimportant in my opinion.
0 Likes   Thanked by Kathy    May 18, 2014 at 8:43PM
Kathy
Thanks; just trying to figure out how to make the sort of noncommittal kitchen design a little more updated (without tearing out cabinetry or stone). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
0 Likes   May 19, 2014 at 6:33AM
Gantt's Decorating
4 coats of paint is nothing. Most walls end up with many more than that. Go over it with a sanding block ito smooth some before another coat. I really think the wallpaper idea is best. Tell your husband it won't add a layer of paint. Pick the perfect stripe first and show it to hubby and current owner. If they have any sense of what looks good at all I bet they will allow it. Good Luck. check out my blog ganttsdecorating.com. You might learn some things that will help save enough money to at least pay for the paper. Good Luck Bill
0 Likes   Thanked by Kathy    May 19, 2014 at 11:19AM
Barnhart Gallery
I like your choice. I hope that with some accessorizing and time for your eyes to adjust to the change that you will too.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/AFEWilliamson?ref=l2-shop-info-name

Cursor over for wide view.
0 Likes   Thanked by Kathy    May 19, 2014 at 11:41AM
New kitchen
Is oil bronzed hardware and faucets out of date. I...
cathy kight
krisirish4ever@aol.com
Condo nightmare
krisharker
What's on your home remodeling wish list for 2015?
Kitchen remodel? New master suite? Family room?
Roberts Residential Remodeling
Best thing to happen at home in 2014?
Our homes are where our lives unfold. What was the...
How can I improve this kitchen nook?
Ok design enthusiasts, what would you do with this...
kimberlysc