Cabinets in log home
saprst
March 11, 2012 in Photo Questions
Have a rustic log home w/ small kitchen and no upper cabinets. How can we hang these while maintaining the integrity of the logs?
DeCocco Design
I'd start with the Houzz search box. I typed in "kitchens in log cabins" and then clicked on Photos--got some nice looks. Then, using the same keywords, I clicked on Ideabooks. Again, found some help there. The thing is that the cabinets are going to cover up the logs, so you have to be okay with that. I'd also talk with a contractor with great references to hear some technical advice.
March 12, 2012 at 5:58am   
Huestis Tucker Architects, LLC
Also you might want to consider open shelves rather than upper cabinets. With open shelves you will still see the logs behind your dishes/glassware. It might be a way to keep that rustic feel.
March 12, 2012 at 2:07pm   
saprst
Thanks to both of you. I'll refine my search. The house is already pretty rustic so we might be ok with covering the logs in the kitchen but open shelving is a good idea. Maybe glass fronted cabinets or a combination. It will be an interesting challenge since the kitchen is quite small. Thanks again!
March 12, 2012 at 9:30pm   
Bedroom furniture design
I have purchased a couple of furniture items for our...
POLL: Sexiest Bedroom?
Just did a search for "sexy bedrooms" on Houzz and...
Is this going to look really bad?
I have a beam over the sink in my kitchen. Technically...
What color of pillows to dress green couches?
We just bought a new area rug. Now to figuring out...
Help with picking vanity when room is full of pine trim
What type of vanity would go with this wood in a powder...