cabinets in log home
saprst
March 11, 2012 in Photo Questions
Have a rustic log home w/ small kitchen and no upper cabinets. How can we hang these while maintaining the integrity of the logs?
DeCocco Design
I'd start with the Houzz search box. I typed in "kitchens in log cabins" and then clicked on Photos--got some nice looks. Then, using the same keywords, I clicked on Ideabooks. Again, found some help there. The thing is that the cabinets are going to cover up the logs, so you have to be okay with that. I'd also talk with a contractor with great references to hear some technical advice.
March 12, 2012 at 5:58AM   
Huestis Tucker Architects, LLC
Also you might want to consider open shelves rather than upper cabinets. With open shelves you will still see the logs behind your dishes/glassware. It might be a way to keep that rustic feel.
March 12, 2012 at 2:07PM   
saprst
Thanks to both of you. I'll refine my search. The house is already pretty rustic so we might be ok with covering the logs in the kitchen but open shelving is a good idea. Maybe glass fronted cabinets or a combination. It will be an interesting challenge since the kitchen is quite small. Thanks again!
March 12, 2012 at 9:30PM   
Living room makeover -- rug and wall color help!
Hi all! Thanks in advance! I am moving into my boyfriend's...
Add a sound proof door for a home business
I would so appreciate suggestions on the best door...
textured walls and I want to put up my own wainscoting
We have textured walls and I was hoping to add faux...
Bathroom remodel
I was thinking of river rock for the shower floor and...
Basement smells
Completely gutted, only the studs and concrete floor...