landscape for my front and side yard
jiz290
My house is located on hill side, the main house is all on upper level except garage and living room. My front yard has a retaining wall with flower bed with bark at the front. I planted four small "pink breath of heaven" at 12' oc. recently, thinking about planting four lavenders at 4' off each planted shrub and then will find another species to plant, would you let me know if this is acceptable plan? I planted some "indian hawthorn, and Nadina firepower and Liatris bulb, lavender at the back of the front lawn and will plant three pink stripes too.

I have no idea about landscape, please let me know if this is acceptable. There is already a plant in front of the house between the arches, it doesn't look good, can I relocate if to somewhere else?
Can you also let me know what's the tall tree on the right hand of the house, it's too close to my house and right above the chimney, I want to know the name of this tree.

I also would like to renovate my side yard access to left side of my house. I included the picture, I am thinking about using railway tile and use curved shape to reduce stair slope, any thought about this?

Thanks very much for your idea!
mousemaker
i'm surprised you don't have about 50 answers already! :) i have one idea :)
have you thought of a kitchen garden? it looks like you have the space on the side by the steps..and about what you planted already? if it makes you happy? then it's what you should plant. i like to have scented bushes near the house so the scent gets blown in and my house smells sweet..and night blooming scented vines..
    Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 6:27AM
jiz290
Yes, I wonder why no comments on my posts? I guess people are tired of reading long post?? At this time, I am only considering planting on front yard and replacing stair on side yard, I really want to design curved shape step (zig-zag shape) using stone or rail tie etc, so I can reduce the straight stair slope.......Can some designer put design on my side yard?

Thanks
    Bookmark   March 14, 2012 at 7:25PM
mousemaker
maybe you should consider a designer or landscaper in your area? i searched on here for steps on side of house :) and i scrolled through several pages, but some of the steps are quite nice and might be ideas for you. otherwise, you could try your library. they are great sources of information and if nothing else, the giant garden books are fun :)
    Bookmark   March 15, 2012 at 7:19AM
North American Materials & Manufacturing
I think that it you want to add a little color and some "depth" to your front yard, you should put in something that will add some curb appeal. I am thinking something along the lines of flowers, and maybe even some colored shell mulch alternative. Check out www.greengroundeffects.com for more photos of different ideas! Good luck.
    Bookmark   March 15, 2012 at 7:43AM
Small Front Yard landscaping / decorating Help.
I'm in the process of buying my first home. So very...
Piper Bhmer
Need help redesigning front yard landscaping
This is the front of my house. There is a lilac bush...
Tina David
Need ideas how to landscape our front yard
My hubby and I just finished designing and building...
chelseabeagle
Front yard landscape
I would like to seek advise for landscape in front...
jiz290
Front Yard Landscaping
The first photo is my current front yard. The second...
thedarlingsbecca
Bedroom/Bathroom Redecorate ideas Needed!
Need to paint bedroom and bathroom....want to use leopard...
maryb56
help - where light sconces go on left and rt of long rectngle mirror
We are trying to wire the electicral boxes for our...
jjbrooksy
painting over venetian plaster
we moved into a house that was entirely done in venetian...
Violeta Archilla
HELP - Best Paint Color with Oak Cabinets
Our kitchen has those honey-colored oak cabinets (great...
chloebud
Damask wall to wall carpet?
Painted a large basement room that includes a small...
cguinard