Awkward Entryway Decor Advice
maryb56
We just purchased this home and the attached picture is one of the previous owner. Do you think a side table is needed? Or suggestions on how to warm up this area? More questions to follow on other areas!
njmomma
I like the side table, but it certainly is not needed. A large piece of framed art would also look great there.

I would use a larger area rug to warm it up.
2 Likes   May 20, 2014 at 11:36AM
CarolynMichael Rice
I agree round rug would be nice and maybe smaller round table in that corner with big window.., you could have a place to drop your keys and be greeted with fresh flowers... Could make the angels less harsh?
0 Likes   May 20, 2014 at 11:42AM
M Rene Designs
I like the glass side table as well. I can't see the art work over the table, but if you like it, keep it there. I agree, a better rug is needed. A runner would give the area a pop. Here's a suggestion (see photo) - just ensure artwork compliments. You may also want to add a 6 foot Similax tree at the end of the wall across from the side table as another color pop. It's from Home Depot. Rug is from Hayneedle.com
2 Likes   May 20, 2014 at 11:47AM
Warner Decor
1 Like   May 20, 2014 at 12:59PM
maryb56
Is the stained glass piece dated? And if we removed it what would work in that corner? Thanks!
0 Likes   May 24, 2014 at 7:53PM
The stained glass piece relates to the permanent elements in the door - don't remove it unless you want to replace those. It would be more contemporary without them, so if your style is very mod, take those steps. Stick to great art and something clean lined in a console.
2 Likes   May 24, 2014 at 8:01PM
maryb56
We are considering replacing the door as it looks tired on the outside....recommendations for doors?
0 Likes   May 24, 2014 at 8:09PM
It is a great door - and they are expensive. Can't you sand and paint it? Crestviewdoors.com has terrific contemporary door looks . . find something you like and take it to your local lumberyard / door and window retailer and they will find you something similar.
2 Likes   May 24, 2014 at 8:20PM
kaye1951
The door style should relate to the exterior of your house. Please post a photo for best recommendations. (I would remove the stained glass,)
2 Likes   May 24, 2014 at 8:24PM
regina5697
I think the space needs a little bit of texture to soften the hard angles and tile floor. That could be accomplished with a large planter in the corner with tall willow sticks or thin logs (x3) in it.
Some color by way of art and a bench or table. I like the size of yr current table, but the glass is yet another smooth, hard surface. Something wooden in a table would help, or if you go with a bench, something upholstered, soft.
I agree with a larger rug. The rug could be your inspiration piece for the rest of the colors and decor of the space.
I'm personally not a fan of stained glass, but have an appreciation for the skill that goes into creating it. If you enjoy it, you can make it fit in nicely. If you're luke warm to it, start over fresh.
Good luck. :-)
Darn, I had a photo link that won't attach. I will try again in a moment.
1 Like   May 24, 2014 at 8:35PM
regina5697
Here is the link

3 Likes   May 24, 2014 at 8:36PM
maryb56
I am not a fan of the stained glass! And the table isn't mine and I don't care for it either! Sooo.....I LIKE THE IDEAS SUGGESTED!!! Thank you!
0 Likes   May 24, 2014 at 8:39PM
maryb56
Suggestions for changing out front door???
0 Likes   May 25, 2014 at 7:40AM
njmomma
Post a pic of the front of the house. The front door has everything to do with the style of the front of the house.
1 Like   May 25, 2014 at 10:19AM
maryb56
Njmomma....here's the exterior.....I think it's old as shrubs are grown. We want to update exterior as well
0 Likes   May 25, 2014 at 12:47PM
maryb56
Suggestions for painting this TIRED front door! Considering painting wood work white.....
0 Likes   May 27, 2014 at 7:05PM
Awkward Entryway
Help! Any decent ideas on how to make this porch look...
thebakingpanda
Awkward entryway space
We recently bought a modest country home and the front...
allisonbrianne
Need ideas for awkward two story entryway
I'm looking for ideas to freshen up our entryway. ...
ndilemma
Front Hall Entryway - Small and Awkward
The door with the window is our front door and the...
Elizabeth Ruth
Need help for awkward entryway
I live in a 'semi-furnished flat' and am working on...
Maya
Need help for my living room!
Our living room is very long, with two openings and...
jenellison7
Need ideas for paint color and counter top.
I'm needing ideas. I'm wanting to take down this wallpaper...
Jas
Houzzers - Say Hello and Introduce Yourself!
Hello Houzzers, Here is a place where you can introduce...
I have a niche in the entry of my new mid century house...
It's approx 2 ft wide and 4 ft tall. Currently have...
lattebugg
HELP! Uneven Floor Transition
Just bought a home and am renovating my bath. It might...
keako