Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shwaggylove

Master bed and bath layouts - which one do you like best?

shwaggylove
9 years ago
Two different layouts... which do you prefer? Why?

Comments (5)

• printesa
    9 years ago
    It's a bit confusing,,the first choice seems to have a shower as well? The second one does not. Regarding the first layout, I don't like that you can see the toilet as you enter the bathroom. The second layout has at least the toilet a bit more away from the view. Can you enclose the toilet or you don't have enough space for that?
    shwaggylove thanked printesa
  • M Rene Designs
    9 years ago
    Agree with printesa. I like the first choice with option to move toilet.
    shwaggylove thanked M Rene Designs
  • PRO
    Dytecture
    9 years ago
    Agreed with 1st option with larger vanities.
    shwaggylove thanked Dytecture
  • lefty47
    9 years ago
    HI -- I have problems with both. The one with the big closet has potential with some adjustments . If you need or would like to have a shower , then you could add the shower where the vanity is ,and that would hide the toilet . And then have the vanity possibly on the wall at the entrance . It would all depend on the measurements . You have to have 36 inches at least between the vanity and the end wall of the closet and you will not be able to have two sinks . And the other plan if you put the toilet beside the tub backed to the closet behind a frosted glass partition or pony wall to hide the toilet , then you could have a longer vanity . Just wondering if having two separate closets is a good thing or not for you.
    shwaggylove thanked lefty47
  • januarisun
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Neither, it reminds me of the weird set up that we completely demo'd in our house. There isn't enough space to do a hallway. Any walkway, in that small amount of space, is a missed opportunity for additional storage. Additional storage means less clutter, in the rest of the space.

I would divide the two sides, make one side a galley walk-in closet w/ a pocket door, and make the other side a master bath. That will also give you additional wall space in the bedroom area, because there won't be closet doors, along the entire length of it.
    shwaggylove thanked januarisun
Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH