Need to find lower price on Heath Oval Tiles in Slate Blue
jackiwi
March 12, 2012 in Design Dilemma
I need at least 55 sq ft of tile to tile my kitchen wall, floor to ceiling. I absolutely LOVE the Heath Oval tiles and want to get Slate Blue, but it runs $70/sq ft, way over my budget. My top budget for the entire project is $2000. Do you know where to purchase the tiles cheaper or have ideas on how to mix it with plain tiles so it looks just as attractive?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Emily Hurley
I heard from someone recently that they had good luck finding tiles they were looking for on ebay. Haven't tried it myself, but maybe it's worth a look!
0 Likes   March 15, 2012 at 11:55AM
bepsf
Heath tile is made to order - So there's no getting first-run tile at a discount.

The only way to get a significant amount of Heath tile for less is to go to the factory in Sausalito and purchase from their Seconds/Overstock room. - and then you're restricted on what is available at any given time. That's what I did for my kitchen, and it turned out great (tho I love the flaws - not everyone does)

If you don't live in the Bay Area or you can't come for a visit to make a purchase, you're out of luck because Heath doesn't ship seconds/overstocks.
0 Likes   March 15, 2012 at 2:09PM
Emily Hurley
I still want to make it to their outlet. I have a giant covered casserole from them that is one of my favorite things ever.
0 Likes   March 15, 2012 at 2:30PM
jackiwi
Thanks for your comments. Yes, I check ebay quite often. I guess Slate Blue is not common because it is never listed under their overstock (online anyways). I'll keep looking!
0 Likes   March 15, 2012 at 2:59PM
retroathome
Ann Sacks has a fabulous assorment of Modern shapes, our Kibak OVAL is 3x9 available in tons of colors, starting approx $ 36.40 sf-- Val Perez-Ibardolasa
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 10:39AM
jackiwi
Yes, I love Ann Sacks and that's where I originally saw the tile - the color and style I want is $45/sq ft :( Just over budget for me. I shouldn't even step foot in there! Everything is gorgeous.
0 Likes   April 17, 2013 at 11:54AM
More Discussions
merging 2 coops
I am considering purchasing the studio next to mine...
Avi Levine
Help with this bathroom please!
I just put the rock up on the wall as an accent to...
erica320
Kitchen remodeling
My sister just moved bought a house which already has...
melmelia
My beautiful red leather furniture now sits under two sky lights and i
My once beautiful rich red leather furniture is fading...
lizwade51
Family Room
I need guidance on wall art, area rug, and throw pillows....
jschlemm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™