1. Adding just a bit of country flair.
2. Holding slipcovers and pillows for outdoor furniture. This basket would also make a darling clothes hamper in a bathroom.
4. Holding logs for the fire.
5. Basket handbags can be used to hold office supplies, file folders, and magazines. If you have a funky bag you bought at the straw market in the Bahamas ten years ago, think about pulling it out and using it in a new way in the house.
6. As an attractive way to hold kitchen supplies within open shelving.
7. As drawers that add texture.
8. As art. This graphic metal basket looks great on the wall, and adds to the rustic industrial look here.
I just had to add this one because that basket is so interesting - is it a stool? A sculpture?
9. To hold that unsightly pile of stuff that accumulates for your next trip up the stairs.