The photos in this Ideabook are proof that one man's trash is indeed another man's treasure.
From salvaged items to flea market finds, scattering re-purposed elements throughout a room can inject such a refreshing sense of whimsy and history.
Antique stores, auctions and estate sales are also great places to look for interesting design elements. And if you're daring enough, sometimes you can even score some great "junk" curbside!
Decorating with "junk" is also a great way to recycle. Here are some ideas:
- Use an old screen door
on your pantry. Paint it a bold color to really add some pizazz.
- Vintage suitcases make great storage containers
and can also be stacked and used as tables.
- Interesting old windows
or multi-paneled doors can double as wall art.
- Multi-paneled doors can also be topped with beveled glass and turned into a desk
- Antique corbels can be mounted underneath new kitchen cabinets.
- Old bottles and jars are great for storing office items.
- A salvaged barn beam can be used a to create a bigger, chunkier mantle.
So next time you're out and about, don't be afraid to put a little junk in your trunk- and have fun coming up with new and interesting ways to use the things you find!