1. Make them bigger. The easiest way to make a closet easier to keep organized is to make it bigger. Turn a small storage room or pantry area into a walk-in closet for your home. You could even close in a porch and make it your family's big walk-in closet.
2. Wallpaper the closet. If you already have a closet that has a lot of space for you to see inside of it then you should make that space prettier for 2010. Wallpapering the closet to make it more interesting to look into is a great project for the New Year.
3. Add art or photos to your closet space. Instead of wallpaper you can put up a few pieces of artwork or favorite photos to make your closets a more cohesive part of your home.
4. Change the doors on your closet. Make the closet a more interesting part of your decor by adding interesting new doors to it.
5. Paint the closet doors. You don't have to change out the closet doors to make them more interesting. Paint them to match paint throughout the rest of the room and you'll have a great new look for your home.
7. Find an organizational system that works for you. This closet is color-coordinated. That wouldn't work for me but I find ways of organizing the closet that suit me. That's a great way to make your life simpler in 2010.
8. Add a shelving system. You should always have shelves in your closet. Find a way to add more shelves to best store all of your things.
9. Hang up accessories. You can hang jewelry, belts, scarves and other items on the closet walls to make the closet prettier as well as to make it easier to find what you want to wear.