Tired of basic paintings or art prints above the couch? Look for artists, such as Piero Fornasetti, who use ceramics as their medium.
2. Show off your collection. A cube shelf along one wall is an excellent way to store and display favorite kitchenware.
3. Have fun! Pick a theme and play with it. Grouping similar plates in a variety of sizes makes for an eye-catching montage. Or, if you have plates of different colors and designs, pick similar-size ones to hang together for a more ordered but visually interesting look.
4. Accentuate a theme. Punctuate a room by displaying corresponding plate art. Here, the playful arrangement of simple white plates on a gray wall perfectly offsets this black and white dining room. Why not display blue and white china in an Asian-theme room or Talavera plates in a Spanish colonial revival house?
5. Fill a small space. Pep up an otherwise insignificant corner of your home by tightly grouping a collection that incorporates a variety of shapes and sizes.
6. Ditch the cupboards. Allow your taste in kitchenware to shine by embracing open shelving. Neat stacks and artful arrangements are the trick to pretty displays.
8. Create unforgettable table settings. Like the perfect fashion accessory, the right dishes can set off a table beautifully. Invest in china that will accentuate the decor of your dining room. Breathe life into a typical table setting by mixing and matching — pair your grandmother's china with modern pieces, for instance.