1. Find a perfect spot. For me, it's over the garage, but the perfect office space can be anywhere, even a tiny corner.
3. Make storage fun and accessible. I love this bright blue armoire - it's a great marriage of function and style.
These built-in shelves are another great storage option. Offices always accumlate tons of stuff. These little boxes keep all that hidden.
4. Incorporate inspiration-catchers. These clipboards have always called to me. They're poised to capture great ideas and inspiration (plus they look pretty!)
I love Mrs. Limestone's postcard rack, too - I can think of a million uses for it. Plus, every home office should have a really big bulletin board like this one.
5. Add color. This is personal preference, of course, but I find colorful spaces extra-inspiring.
The Dear Daisy cottage office is a great example of how to incorporate color.
6. Give yourself something great to look at. This gallery wall would inspire anybody - and how great are the furniture and accessories? Talk about inspiration.
If a million images is distracting, a wall of simple, calming wallpaper could be perfect.
7. Stay comfortable. A sofa in the office? Yes, please (especially if my desk chair is of the style-over-comfort variety)!