Create an ideabook for your next remodeling project!
Browse more than 1,500,000 photos from top designers and save your favorites
1. Master craft. If you have the space, incorporate an arts-and-crafts station into your laundry room to keep things neat and clean. Wrap a gift, glue together your child's school project or prepare a package for the mail — multitasking while doing household chores was never so easy.
5. Pressed to impress. Install a wall-mounted ironing board as a simple space-saving solution to any compact laundry room.
6. Double duty. Adding a desk (either freestanding or built in) allows you to double up on daily chores. Sit comfortably while paying bills, making chore lists and planning dinner for the week, all while paying attention to the laundry.
8. Stackable solutions. Front-loading washers and dryers can be stacked to maximize usable space — a great solution for cramped condos and small apartments.
10. Make a splash. Backsplashes aren't just for kitchens now — they're a great way to ramp up your home's design style by carrying your overall esthetic into the laundry room. Add a punch of personality by installing your favorite material above your sink, washer and dryer while you save your walls from water damage.
More Designer's Touch:
The Master Bathroom