The dream bath: Organic modern
The translation: This look is all about texture, so each surface should delight the senses. Keep color to a minimum, focusing on white, cream and natural wood tones.
• A tree stump stool by the tub fits perfectly with this look; pick up a ready-made version or try crafting one yourself.
• If you choose metallic accents (for drawer pulls, etc.), keep them in the warm family; brass or copper would be good choices.
• Hang a classic hotel-style robe on a wall hook.
• Choose an unusual bath mat — bamboo, cork or river stone. Wool and sheepskin hold up surprisingly well in damp conditions, but it's best to keep them away from direct contact with drippy toes. On the other side of the room by the sink would be a better choice.
• Natural linen shades filter light beautifully and add a textural note.