1. Shelf-centered. Boost your den's ego and proudly flank the sofa with shelving for unity and organization. Use your new shelf space to display your favorite photos, art and bric-a-brac.
2. Den of knowledge. Want a library but don't have the space? Transform your den into a miniature Library of Congress by installing cabinetry from floor to ceiling. Load with your collection of hardcovers and paperbacks for instant character.
3. No more writer's block. Incorporate a personalized desk area into your den to stimulate creativity.
4. Den-ocracy. Change is always good. Turn the office adjacent to the living room into a den that everyone in the house can equally enjoy. Design justice for all!
5. Den of sophistication. Envelop your entire den in wood paneling for sophistication and timeless elegance. Nothing says warm and cozy like wood.
6. Just the right fit. If you have a small room that isn't large enough to be a bedroom and isn't small enough to be a home office, simply create your own den. Forfeit the traditional sofa and add two easy chairs for perfect TV viewing.
7. Hidden agenda. Set a daybed behind a wall of draperies in your den for extra sleeping space. Den by day, guest bedroom by night.
8. Kiddie corner. Turn your existing den into a gallery of glorious and original canvas work by your Picasso-in-training. Your entire wall of artwork has just become your decor.
9. Den right. Install a row of cabinetry, an undercounter refrigerator and a countertop to any wall in your den for your own private bar. Add open shelving and club chairs, and your den will soon resemble the Ritz-Carlton.