1. Wallpaper. Vinyl temporary wallpaper (such as some amazing designs from Tempaper) comes in chic designs and looks just like permanent paper. No trace of having had it up when it peels off smoothly in the end.
3D decals like this can add color and texture. Wall decals come on and off without damage. They can be repositioned as the room shifts (and there are even dolls with clothing and other fun themes that are meant to be moved around by the child themselves).
This simple wall area has been transformed into a memorable unique scene with a simple vinyl decal.
2. Paint. This strong and bold space is spectacular. The choice of the simple charcoal wall color adds drama to the space, without calling for any more work than a few coats of paint.
By alternating colors, this lavender room offers a patterned wall with its simple wide stripes. Very unique and very easy to execute.
3. Pops of color. While you may not be able to alter the white walls or the outdated bathroom sink, you can control the color factor with pops of color. Whether you fill a room with a temporarily-covered piece to suit the place specifically, or include a beloved piece that you lug from place to place, make surprising inclusions of color work to your advantage.
Bright red adds warmth and a simple, contemporary thrill of detail.
Now this is infusing a place with color and working with surroundings without needing to tamper with the structure of the place (though this structure needs no tampering).
4. Rugs. Compensate for a lack of wall hangings or paint, if not allowed, with a larger-than-life rug. Bring the focal point down to what you can control in your space.
A simple yellow geometric rug reinforces this dining section and contributes to the collection of color and shape.
Such an unexpected pop of color in this space. Whether you have the spanning cabana area like this, or are looking to infuse the smallest of living rooms with life, consider the rug.
5. Art. You don't have to be acquiring priceless pieces to become an art aficionado. Spend time accumulating pieces that you love. Find an individual artist you adore. Search through flea markets. There's almost no better way to exhibit your individuality.
Think past paintings. Sculptures and busts and ceramics are a beautiful way to add dimension and detail without tampering with the walls.