1. Lemon and black. Golden yellow balanced by black can set off any outdoor space that needs brightening or is simply begging for the spotlight. This courageous combo is fierce when these colors are the stars.
Add yellow through your accent lighting. I am bananas for these yellow lanterns. Use three fun lanterns on an outdoor coffee table or add a few down your dining table. You'll get major color during the day and the glow of candles at night.
2. Eggplant and tangerine. Purple and orange accents create a lush, luxurious look in your outdoor room.
Infuse purple into outdoor dining by using these cool chairs around your table. It doesn't matter if your table is wood, metal or rattan; it's hip to mix and match materials.
Accent tables in interesting shapes add beauty and character. These cube tables look fresh in tangy orange.
3. Soothing green and blue. This coupling of greens and blues is celebrated. In light, cool tones they are reminiscent of the sea, sky and grass.
Ground your green and blue space with an area rug for an instant swath of color.
Blue and green is such a popular duo now that you can find pillows and cushions with that mix at most home furnishings retailers.
4. Bold rainbow. Get an eyeful of color by incorporating deep blue, sunny yellow, happy red, orange and more.
If you do not have room on your sofa for all the varying colored throw pillows you want, add just a few pillows containing multiple colors, like this feisty one.
Add color through a trellis — it's architecturally interesting. You can buy one already coated with color or paint it any hue you choose.
5. Citrus blend. Mix sweet and tangy reds, greens, oranges and yellows. A colorful umbrella can be the perfect way to bring in a tangy color in a large-scale way.
Form a grouping of garden pots in an array of citrus colors.
6. Fire and ice. Mix heated reds with cool blues for a powerful tropical feel. If you are planning to add tile to your outdoor area, incorporate your bold color into it rather than staying neutral.
7. Blue and rusty orange. Create the vibrancy of an exotic, laid-back vacation using a bold blue and rusty orange combo.
Complete high counters with tall bar stools or chairs in a flamboyant blue.
Rusty orange indoor-outdoor drapes from Target add color, create privacy and offer shade.