1. Chief Laundry Washer gets to pick the color scheme for the laundry room...no matter what that color might be. Even if it makes you dream of cotton candy...especially, if it makes you dream of cotton candy! :-)
2. Sorting is down right fun when you can practice your hoop shots. Don't forget, towels on the left, whites in the center and bright colors on the right...or else it's pink underwear for everyone!
3. Think storage and convenience! Keep detergent, bleach, and fabric softener within easy reach. Baskets/containers are great for clothespins and wayward socks. Don't forget a trash can...it comes in handy for throwing away old dryer sheets and that fuzzy "blanket" the dryer makes.
4. A sink is a fabulous feature in any laundry room. I use mine for rinsing out paint brushes and for filling up watering cans and pet bowls. Also, it really comes in handy for the occasional detergent spill.
5. A nice big table for folding clothes is definitely a luxury item in most laundry rooms since they require a good bit of space. But what a great feature to have, if you do have the room.
6. Now here's something that won't take up much space...a wall-mounted holder for your iron and ironing board. What a great way to keep them up and out of the way when not in use. Note the drying rack...another terrific feature to squeeze in if you have the wall space.
7. To ensure the ironing board stays up on the wall as much as possible, consider a hanging rod for shirts and slacks that could easily wrinkle if not hung right away.
8. This may be my favorite laundry room accoutrement of all...a television! I'm not a big t.v. watcher, but clothes will almost iron themselves when you're watching your favorite show or movie.
9. Your laundry room will be "loads" of fun with a touch of whimsy here and there. If there's one room in your home where you can let your hair down and have some fun...it's the laundry room. Have at it!
10. Lighting plays such an important part in any room. Why not enjoy a little soft lamplight in this space, too. During parties, I will often use the island in my laundry room for refill items. Lamplight would be so nice for those extra runs to grab more sodas and such. Yep, I'm totally stealing this idea!
11. If you happen to have a sunny window in your laundry space, plants will make the room feel extra cheerful. Imagine this room minus the luscious greenery...just wouldn't be the same.