1. Double up. Stimulate your vision by installing two pendants over your dining room table. Go a step further and place coordinating — but not matching — host and hostess chairs.
2. Statement piece. Allow your room to be the backdrop for an oversize, gorgeous chandelier. Nothing says "wow" like crystal.
3. Black beauty. Place dark, modern furniture and draperies in front of a dark wall covering in your dining room for unspoken elegance. Don't be scared of the dark.
4. All eyes up. Transform your dining room ceiling into a work of painted and textured art. It's a masterful way to bring attention all the way to the top.
5. The great wall of wine. Stack all of your favorite wines right up the wall of your dining room instead of using paint or a wall covering. They make for a definite star attraction.
7. Get all chalked up. Entertain guests with menus or daily inspirational quotes for the family — right on the walls. Cleanup is easy, and it's a fun way to have a different look every day. Now that is cool.
8. Dining with the authors. This small dining space mixed with wall-to-wall shelving for books is both a library and a dining room. What a novel idea for those who love to be surrounded by books.
9. On the bench. Forgo the traditional matching dining room chairs and opt for a bench on one side of the table. It's a great way to make your own statement and much cozier for entertaining.