Designer's Touch: 10 Amazing Master Closets
Let these exquisitely organized, expertly crafted master closets inspire you to enhance your own closet or dressing area
Houzz Contributor. Shane Inman is president and senior principal interior designer of The Inman Company. After earning a B.A. in interior design from Michigan State University, he started his career specializing in custom kitchen and bath design. He is a certified interior designer by the National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ), a certified kitchen designer by the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) and also holds the highest-ranking memberships with the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) and the International Interior Design Association (IIDA).
Houzz Contributor. Shane Inman is president and senior principal interior... More »
For most people, an amazing closet seems like nothing more than a fantasy. But it doesn't have to be that way. These professional tips can take you one step closer to a dream master closet. Add convenience and value and extend the life of your wardrobe with a beautiful and well-organized master closet.
1. Hot off the press. Install a pull-down ironing board in your master closet and you will never want to leave. This is a space-saving and time-saving trick that you will love.
2. Mirror mirror. No master closet would be complete without a built-in floor-to-ceiling mirror.
3. A vanity affair. Getting dressed and applying makeup all in the same room is a luxury. Add a beautiful freestanding or built-in vanity table inside of your master closet for that movie star feeling.
4. Shoe therapy. Say hello to more room — which means more shoes, of course. Install shelving around and above the entire master closet door for additional space and another reason to go shopping.
5. Laundry master. A stackable washer and dryer in the master closet make laundry a snap. This is where the dirty clothes come off anyway, and there's easy access to hang and put away clean clothes.
6. Less is more. Create a one-of-a-kind closet with beautiful closet doors to encase your entire wardrobe. The only thing showing will be the exquisite elegance of cabinetry.
7. Take a seat. Add a quaint nook underneath the window inside of your master closet. It's a great way to put on your heels and have additional storage.
8. Handsome closet. Organize cumbersome ties, belts and other accessories into one spacious area. Having everything at your fingertips will make getting ready for the day easier as well as faster.
9. Center stage. A master closet with enough room to house an entire dressing island is simply wonderful, offering additional storage and a place to lay out your fine jewelery and cell phone.
Ideabook published on June 11, 2012.
"It's the Flickr of design idea sites"
"The online equivalent of clipping decor inspiration from magazines"
"A digital look book for interior-decorating ideas"
"So long scrapbooks and online bookmarks! ...it can be hard to stop. Consider yourself warned."
"One of the most comprehensive collections of home design images"
"One of Home and Living's favorite websites"
"Just click on the image you like and save it to your own Ideabook... It's quite an addictive site"
What are you working on?
News From Our Partners
People found the photos in this ideabook after searching for: