- Delight in Summer's Garden Glories — Here's What to Do in June
- 11 Perfect Plants for a Moonlit Garden — in Pots
- 6 Beautiful Plants for a Shady, Wet Site
- 6 Captivating Roses for an Alluringly Fragrant Garden
- 5 Essential Considerations for a Landscape Design Project
- Get on a Composting Kick (Hello, Free Fertilizer!)
Give Your Turf the Fall Tune-up It Deserves
Treat your battered lawn to a little TLC this fall, and it will reward you with lush, healthy grass come spring
Houzz Contributor. I'm a landscape designer and freelance garden writer living in hot and humid Austin, Texas. I co-authored "Indoor Plant Decor: The Design Stylebook for Houseplants" (St. Lynn's Press) with Kylee Baumle. Follow me on Twitter @MulchMaven or on my Facebook page, J. Peterson Garden Design.
Houzz Contributor. I'm a landscape designer and freelance garden writer... More »
Your lawn probably has taken a beating this summer — family gatherings, fetch with the dog, and kids' games and toys have likely been working together with heat and drought to make your grass gasp for a breather. If your lawn is in need of a little TLC, you're in luck — fall is the best time to revitalize it so that next year's grass is the greenest and healthiest it can be.