added by and123
(10 months ago)
The dream bath: Spa escape
The translation: Amp up the exotic touches and pay attention to the sensory experience to create a spalike ambience in your own bathroom.
• Put your overhead light on a dimmer. Everything looks better in soft light.
• Choose a few beautiful hand-painted tiles and prop them up on your sink backsplash or hang them on the wall as art.
• Splurge on nice towels. I suggest supersoft and luxuriously big bath sheets, as well as fringed and knotted hammam-style towels to hang by the sink.
• Use fancy little trays to collect and curate your bath items; place a few bath oils and soaps on one, a cluster of votive candles on another.
• Potted plants are a wonderful way to add mystery and depth. Try ferns, orchids or a palm.