added by mandarine
(20 months ago)
1. Temporary handle. While waiting to install knobs or pulls on cabinet doors, fold tape in half and stick on doors. The makeshift handle will keep grimy fingerprints off until hardware is installed.
2. Protect doors and sills. When moving or remodeling, tape door thresholds and windowsills with painter's tape to protect them from scuffs when moving furniture and materials in and out.
3. Keep dust out. Tape the perimeter of closet and cabinet doors before doing any dusty and dirty work in a room. A closed door can't keep all the dirt and dust from getting in through the cracks.
4. Make clean cuts. Put tape on the edge of a finished surface before cutting with a circular saw or jig saw. The tape prevents unattractive and rough marring of the finish.
5. Protect floors. While painting, make sure to tape the edges of plastic or paper floor protection to the baseboard — never the floor. Even blue painter's tape can pull up a polyurethane floor finish!