Gailani Designs Inc,
Window Treatments
Traditional draperies, Burr Ridg Illinois traditional-living-room

Traditional draperies, Burr Ridg Illinois

Traditional draperies, Burr Ridge Illinois

This photo has one question

August 15, 2013
boo1233 wrote:
I love your curtains - What are they called and do you need special curtain rods to make that type of look? I tried to put up swag curtains but they just don't look good.
0 Likes    1 Comment
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Gailani Designs Inc,
This treatment is called a raised swag treatment. The middle swag I have it mounted to the drapery pole, the side swags are raised so one arm is a bit longer and mounted to the pole as well, the sides that are lower are mounted to a board. Another point to pay attention to is to select a fabric that drapes well and falls gracefully. If you want a rich looking swags you need to have at least five to seven folds. There are companies that sell patterns for draperies, they are OK! Not the best. Good luck with your project, let me know if you have any other questions.


0 Likes   August 15, 2013 at 12:24PM
Sign Up to comment

What Houzzers are commenting on:

maritzaandara added this to maritzaandara's ideas
September 12, 2014
kalladeen added this to kalladeen's Ideas
August 5, 2014
Amazing drapes
gigilombrano added this to gigilombrano's ideas
April 10, 2014
overlapping swags
Serojnie Sambhudyal added this to serojnie_sambhudyal's Ideas
January 21, 2014
rosselia added this to rosselia's ideas
October 19, 2013
cutains 2
karesa18 added this to karesa18's Ideas
August 22, 2013
uniquelyours24 added this to uniquelyours24's Ideas
August 19, 2013
Stripe chairs love fabric for living room windows
1034nsonora added this to san dimas
June 1, 2013
gfraser18 added this to gfraser18's Ideas
May 9, 2013
younge12 added this to younge12's ideas
May 8, 2013
Living room curtains
grecointeriors2010 added this to grecointeriors2010's Ideas
March 14, 2013
© 2014 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™