Design trend no. 8: less land development, more focus on multifamily. The trend is to smaller developments and infill properties with a proximity to transportation and other amenities. A mix of housing types and buyer profiles is evident so that families across generations can live close to one other. Less emphasis is now placed on the importance of a car, as buyers want to live in walk-to-everything communities.
This project: Best in Region, Pacific Northwest
Legacy at Riverpark Apartments, Redmond, Washington
• Architect/Designer: EDI International, Houston
• Builder: Legacy Partners Residential, Inc., Mercer Island, Washington
• Interior Designer: Robin Chell Design, Seattle
• Developer: Legacy Partners Residential Development, Seattle
• Land Planner: Tiscareno Associates (Master Plan Architect), Seattle