added by lindafmg
(6 months ago)
1. Exposed wood. It can be beams, walls, floors or details, but it always shows the grain. And a natural edge is even better.
2. Natural light. Big windows with minimal coverings. Outside is often as important as inside in an earthy chic room.
3. Neutral colors. Whites, grays, browns and tans, all of them light and reflective.
4. Clean lines and no clutter. Earthy chic is all about showing off the materials, not the collections.
5. Where there are patterns, they are ancient and traditional. Navajo blankets, ikats, suzanis, Indian block prints or African fabrics.