5,071 energy Contemporary Home Design Photos

NZ Builders ltd
Wain Rd - Pre-Cast Insulated Concrete Panel Passive Solar Home
Ideabooks1,449
Questions5
It makes little sense to spend a fortune then brag you have no energy bill. The return on investment is "forever".
the mid-century modern feel of the design plus the energy efficient
a $0 Energy Bill Builder Damon Gray built an energy-efficient home in British Columbia using Passive House principles. It generates enough energy from
Concrete house with $0 energy bill - solar
a $0 Energy BillBuilder Damon Gray built an energy-efficient home in British Columbia using Passive House principles. It generates enough energy from solar
“Is nice and I love it” — theoeboomano
NZ Builders ltd
Wain Rd - Pre-Cast Insulated Concrete Panel Passive Solar Home
Ideabooks2,038
Questions2
House with zero energy bills. Look up article.
passive build. concrete. 0 energy bills.
panels, he’s expecting his energy bill for the year to be $0.
house by 15 degrees, it lessened the energy performance by 25 percent,” he says. With many passive homes, which save energy due to how they’re designed and
more solar panels, which was a less expensive maneuver than buying better energy-efficient windows. Gray spent four years working out these kinds of trade-offs
before starting construction. See more about siting a house to conserve energy
solar energy kept utility cost to zero
“Top Concorde house” — elepse
Camber Construction
Kitchen refrigerator
Ideabooks28,107
Questions13
Inefficient kitchen appliances waste energy and money. Here's how to pick and use appliances wisely Choosing energy-efficient appliances benefits everyone
something more fun than your electrical bill." Be smart with money and energy with these tips for selecting kitchen appliances and using them more efficiently
RefrigeratorsRefrigerators are energy hogs, accounting for 9 to 15 percent of your home's electricity use. Luckily, choosing an energy-efficient refrigerator can
as easy as looking for the Energy Star label, which guarantees the appliance has met government standards. However, all Energy Star appliances are not created
created equal — energy consumption still varies significantly from model to model. The Energy Star website can help you compare models to find to the most
“Hidden microwave cabinet” — anniecook
Northern Virginia Kitchen & Bath Remodeler
Best of Houzz 2015
We are a general contracting firm that specializes in doing high quality work at honest prices, which allows our customers to do more for less or achieve substantial savings from our competition.
Sponsored
NZ Builders ltd
Wain Rd - Pre-Cast Insulated Concrete Panel Passive Solar Home
Ideabooks413
Questions1
and still have an energy bill. If he spent 7000. more he would have battery pack to store solar energy and be off the grid.
The cost of heating was a driving factor. Gray didn’t want high energy bills, so he spent time crunching numbers before making a choice. “If I
$30,000 to $35,000, I could have gotten geothermal, but I’d still have an energy bill. For $40,000 worth of solar, I won’t,” he says. The home is set up
another $7,000 he could also purchase a battery system that would store energy from the solar panels to take the house completely off the grid.
The cost of heating was a driving factor. Gray didn’t want high energy bills, so he spent time crunching numbers before making a choice. “If I doubled
“Landscaping” — mmfiore
GO LOGIC
1 Review
The GO Home Passive House
Ideabooks889
Questions3
Energy saving farm house with nice master bedroom
Uses almost no energy- read article.
$240 annual energy bill...passive energy house...energy efficient...energy efficient house...Energy saving house
“Simple. Classic. The very idea of house.” — Jason Ballard
Leger Wanaselja Architecture
Tomales Retreat
Ideabooks168
Questions0
must rely on current solar income (that is, renewable energy) for 100 percent of the project’s energy needs. In fact, with the release of the Living Building
projects actually have to produce more energy than they consume. As long as a project demonstrates, with 12 months of energy statements, that it is producing
producing 105 percent of the energy it needs, this petal can be accomplished in any number of ways. Homeowners can install photovoltaic systems, solar thermal
EnergyThe energy petal is deceptively simple: The project must rely on current solar income (that is, renewable energy) for 100 percent of the project’s
project’s energy needs. In fact, with the release of the Living Building Challenge 3.0, projects actually have to produce more energy than they consume.As long
“rooftop garden” — vph53
Michael Abraham Architecture
5 Reviews
Madison St
Ideabooks11,569
Questions18
options, like "energy saver" and "no-heat drying."Your dishwasher is a stealth energy consumer: Between 80 and 90 percent of a dishwasher's energy consumption
DishwashersSeek out an Energy Star–rated dishwasher, which is at least 10 percent more efficient than
dishwasher to 140 degrees, as needed to melt newer dishwasher soaps.Money- and energy-saving tips:Always run a full load.Scrape, don't rinse. Hand-rinsing dishes
the water needed to hand-rinse.For not-so-dirty dishes, use the light or energy-saving wash cycle, which uses less water and operates for a shorter period
“Flooring” — jdumas75
MR.MITCHELL
Hawthorn Home
Ideabooks3,484
Questions9
the most energy inefficient, so consider using this light carefully. Only 10% of the energy goes to creating actual light; the other 90% of energy is lost
the most energy inefficient, so consider using this light carefully. Only 10% of the energy goes to creating actual light; the other 90% of energy is lost
of lighting is considered the most energy inefficient, so consider using this light carefully. Only 10% of the energy used in this light goes to creating
creating actual light; the other 90% of energy is lost in heat.
“LIGHT” — callumcrawf
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™