Houzz is the new way to design your home.
36,473 install Traditional Home Design Photos
Installer recommends installing farmhouse/apron sink as an undermount but I see this one is not. Did anyone else flush mount a sink like this?
This farm house sink sits slightly above the countertop. There are many different ways that you can install a farm house sink. You can also install this as an undermount sink.
rohl sink like the way its installed and sits
Disadvantages: Fireclay sinks are extremely heavy, so professional installation is recommended. The supporting counter and base cabinetry may need to be modified to support their weight. An installer should also consider that most fireclay sinks require wall- or counter-mounted faucets
Hugh Jefferson Randolph Architects
Pecos Side Exterior
is adaptable to just about any aesthetic. Traditionally, naturally quarried stone was stacked in large, heavy pieces that were quite expansive to install. To reduce costs while keeping the look of stone, some manufacturers started making stone veneers, a man-made material that is pigmented and shaped
to cut natural stone into thin veneers. The result is lower prices and a wider range of stone materials.Cost: about $35 to $50 per square foot installed. More about stone siding
Pine Street Carpenters & The Kitchen Studio
Kitchen remodel at beach house in Lewes, DE.
Arched. Instead of installing an everyday square wooden box, choose an arched top to go against the hard horizontal and vertical lines usually found in kitchens. Design tip: Think ahead when deciding where to install your new fireplace. Make sure the heat won't make you uncomfortable, especially when
Thompson Custom Homes
8. Install a discreet screenWhen a casual, country-inspired outdoor zone introduces a high-tech TV screen, it takes design know-how to make it work. Fortunately, the earthy colour palette underplays the black wall-mounted TV above the mantelpiece – it is rarely noticed during the day when friends and
and family are socialising on the verndah. When installing, use specific speaker cable that’s rated for in-wall and outdoor use. It’s best to turn to a specialist who will also seal all wire connections and conduits with silicon to keep it wind-resistant and waterproof.
Andrea Schumacher Interiors
2010 Colorado Homes & Lifestyles "Home of the Year"
the bat they didn't want their home to have yet another all-white kitchen. Although some of the cabinetry is white and white Calcutta marble was installed on the countertops and stove backsplash, Schumacher decided to use the island and wall space to implement bold color. The wallpaper is a custom,
work of art from Stark. It took almost a year for Schumacher to get the wallpaper, which was hand-painted on silk in China. After the wallpaper was installed, Schumacher had it sealed with Proseal, which allows the wallpaper to act as a backsplash. "You can throw spaghetti at it and it'll clean right off
Stone. When installing stone countertops — like the marble countertop in this photo — use the leftover material as a half-wall backsplash. (Stone is sold in 30-inch-deep
Buckminster Green LLC
Striped Guest Bath
9. Tile. The pace of tile installation is slower than that of wallpaper, and there is a lot of contemplation that goes into a good tile installation. If you aren't experienced, you may discover something you should have thought about when it's too late. You also want to prep correctly. Tiles are all
all different and require different approaches to installation. Your DIY tile floor may look good when it's done, but can you be sure it will hold up and not crack in a year or two? If you are confident about that, go for it. If not, call a professional.
5. Pressed to impress. Install a wall-mounted ironing board as a simple space-saving solution to any compact laundry room.
1. Hide it. Installing an ironing board in a hideaway drawer or cabinet is an ideal laundry solution for many homeowners. Not only can you conveniently tuck your ironing board away at the drop of the hat, but it provides a stationary and solid ironing station without taking up any additional room.
Susan Jay Design
sitting area. Take off the doors and add built-in drawers across the bottom of the closet to create a bed-height bench and provide extra storage. Install good overhead lighting and shelves for books, then paint the interior and trim in a warm color. Throw pillows that invite family and friends to sit
5. Book nook. Transform a closet into a library oasis by installing wall shelves to store your favorite reads. Tuck a bench and pillows inside for comfort while reading.