Houzz is the new way to design your home.
200,333 small yards Home Design Photos
Beautiful Small Landscape
"walnut color" which is a blend of varying colors that were chosen for their match with the bluestone which was used for the wide walk leading into the yard. I hope this is helpful!
"walnut color" which is a blend of varying colors that were chosen for their match with the bluestone which was used for the wide walk leading into the yard.
it's always going to draw you in. And as this yard proves, you don't need a lot of space to achieve it.
6. Stylish patio in Minnesota. This paver patio and small garden make a great outdoor entertaining space. Houzz readers saved this photo for its small-space inspiration and lush landscaping ideas
I live in US. What would be the average cost to do a yard like this?
What is the size of the yard?
I like everything about this yard. Could you please give information on it
Hi, The yard is absolutely beautiful! Would you be able to provide me with the planting material? Thank-you!
The yard is 8' x 12'. The walkway is 36" wide.
garden yard and deck in one space
grass with stone and flower beds on the edges on the yard
great use of small space and still able to have lawn!
Great idea for a city small backyard
Small back yard with a shed at the end.
interesting use of lawn given a narrow yard.
Little Miracles Designs
A Park Slope Modern
Great use of a small yard
cool small backyard, maybe 10 x 30 ft
Makes our yard look huge!
side yard...small yard...small yard...Small garden...small outside
Dave Adams Photography
big pot with flowers, small space, green vines
Possible seating area on side yard
While this small yard is casual and colorful, it's still very French. In a small space, adding color through flowers and linens gives a country feel that's equally as inviting as that of the previous
Side yards make great outdoor spaces. Generally, any side yard that is 10 feet wide or wider has a lot of potential. But keep in mind that side yards are commonly used for walkways, so it is important to maintain at least 3 feet
feet of width for a walkway around your seating area.See more ideas for a side yard
Tobin + Parnes Design Enterprises
Historic Brownstone Renovation
What is the name of the slate that is used. Are their rectangles and squares here? do you think this would complement a small japanese garden ?
look at small white umbrella coming out. very cute for side small space
Small space and lots of foliage.
small yard-rental with big usage and greenery.
Small yard, no grass. interesting spaces.
The small enclosed garden creates privacy,
An aerial view of a dude who has made the most out of his postage-stamp sized yard.
Mark Brand Architecture
Japanese Inspired Remodel in Noe Valley-Exterior
Bamboo fence along neighbor's garage. Stray from the ordinary. If you have to have a fence or wall, try going with a unique material. This bamboo adds interest to a retaining wall and helps enhance the yard's Asian feel.
ordinary. If you have to have a fence or wall, try going with a unique material. This bamboo adds interest to a retaining wall and helps enhance the yard's Asian feel.
7. Build a small pond. When you have a small yard, you may not want a water feature to dominate it. A pond in the back corner will beckon visitors to your yard's outer edges.
4. The power of fencing. In the suburbs and the country, fencing is often used to used to keep dogs and kids in or to define the space of the yard, but in the city, it's can be used as a design element. Rather than fencing has space so you can see through it, tightly woven, tall fencing can create an
Aloe Test Garden
10. Add edibles. Even a small yard can handle a few pots of peppers and herbs, and you may be surprised at how easy it is to fit in one or two small raised beds. If you’ve been considering adding an edible garden, why not make this the year to try it? Start with a small, manageable garden, and grow
beginning gardener, start small with your favorites. You won’t be overwhelmed by either the care or the harvest.
5. Make the garden work for you. Want to harvest fresh herbs and veggies in your slippers? Consider relocating your vegetable garden from the back of your yard to right against your patio
garden movement is growing by leaps and bounds, and in many suburban areas it's no longer uncommon to see tomatoes and peppers growing in the front yard and expanses of grass given up in favor of raised vegetable beds. A family of four doesn't need a huge garden to provide fresh, local food to supplement
The Garden Route Company
Bernal View Garden
Succulents and the wood for the deck. Small space landscaping
Play with the angles. If you’ve got a small square spot to deal with, San Francisco
same size yard and interesting angles used
Hardscape on the diagonal in small square lot
Mitchell Parker added this to 16 Ways to Get More From Your Small Backyard 5. Play with the angles. If you’ve got a small square spot to deal with
you’ve got a small backyard, the last thing you want to do is cram in a 10-person dining table. Instead, consider built-ins or extendable tables. Likewise, you won’t want to plant a tree that’s going to grow to 100 feet tall and completely overtake your yard. Here Radford smartly worked in small, native plants
5. Play with the angles. If you’ve got a small square spot to deal with, San Francisco landscape architect Rich Radford suggests turning paving in a lateral direction to your property line to create