Houzz is the new way to design your home.
213,958 small yards Home Design Photos
Little Miracles Designs
A Park Slope Modern
Great use of a small yard
Makes our yard look huge!
small outside area decking
side yard...small yard...small yard...Small garden
Beautiful Small Landscape
"walnut color" which is a blend of varying colors that were chosen for their match with the bluestone which was used for the wide walk leading into the yard. I hope this is helpful!
"walnut color" which is a blend of varying colors that were chosen for their match with the bluestone which was used for the wide walk leading into the yard.
add grass to the back yard after we remove the stairs?
trees, shrubs, bluestone...just a bigger yard and I'm loving it.
Love this yard. Love the brick
it's always going to draw you in. And as this yard proves, you don't need a lot of space to achieve it.
6. Stylish patio in Minnesota. This paver patio and small garden make a great outdoor entertaining space. Houzz readers saved this photo for its small-space inspiration and lush landscaping ideas
The Garden Route Company
Bernal View Garden
Succulents and the wood for the deck. Small space landscaping
Play with the angles. If you’ve got a small square spot to deal with, San Francisco
same size yard and interesting angles used
Hardscape on the diagonal in small square lot
small yard set on a 45 degree angle
you’ve got a small backyard, the last thing you want to do is cram in a 10-person dining table. Instead, consider built-ins or extendable tables. Likewise, you won’t want to plant a tree that’s going to grow to 100 feet tall and completely overtake your yard. Here Radford smartly worked in small, native plants
5. Play with the angles. If you’ve got a small square spot to deal with, San Francisco landscape architect Rich Radford suggests turning paving in a lateral direction to your property line to create
Seattle Architect Specializing in Custom Homes
Best of Houzz 2014
Best of Houzz 2014
We are a boutique architecture firm that specializes in custom homes of timeless beauty and functionality. We design our homes to span generations—infusing them with environmentally sound principals.
Chicago Green Design Inc.
Don Maldonado @ Chicago Green Design
great idea to have it at the other end of the yard looking at your house so that your view from the house is also more friendly
The small yard looks big. Looks like my yard.
I like the idea of having a patio off the kitchen sliders, then grass, then another patio at the back of the yard for lounge furniture
would have a small change in elevation for drama.
synthetic lawn in our small yard space
course. The new turfs are more realistic and just as durable. This homeowner made the synthetic grass look even more realistic by keeping the turf area small and breaking it up with other finishes.Leave it: Microtopped concreteThe luster and depth of a concrete microtopping is surely covetable, but it’s not
Dave Adams Photography
small section of yard with seating, blue rock, variety of plants
Pebble small cozy feelings, perfect for
Extend yard up to side door?
Bench with small table and two chairs
Are we even going to have space for a side yard?
While this small yard is casual and colorful, it's still very French. In a small space, adding color through flowers and linens gives a country feel that's equally as inviting as that of the previous
Side yards make great outdoor spaces. Generally, any side yard that is 10 feet wide or wider has a lot of potential. But keep in mind that side yards are commonly used for walkways, so it is important to maintain at least 3 feet
feet of width for a walkway around your seating area.See more ideas for a side yard
Aloe Test Garden
Add edibles. Even a small yard can handle a few pots of peppers and herbs, and you may be surprised at how easy it is to fit in one or two small raised beds. If you’ve been considering adding an edible garden, why not make this the year to try it? Start with a small, manageable garden, and grow
Veggie garden for a small area
10. Add edibles. Even a small yard can handle a few pots of peppers and herbs, and you may be surprised at how easy it is to fit in one or two small raised beds. If you’ve been considering adding an edible garden, why not make this the year to try it? Start with a small, manageable garden, and grow
beginning gardener, start small with your favorites. You won’t be overwhelmed by either the care or the harvest.
Mark Brand Architecture
Japanese Inspired Remodel in Noe Valley-Exterior
LANDSCAPE. expand this small pond - could ours look like that?
Bamboo fence along neighbor's garage. Stray from the ordinary. If you have to have a fence or wall, try going with a unique material. This bamboo adds interest to a retaining wall and helps enhance the yard's Asian feel.
7. Build a small pond. When you have a small yard, you may not want a water feature to dominate it. A pond in the back corner will beckon visitors to your yard's outer edges.
4. The power of fencing. In the suburbs and the country, fencing is often used to used to keep dogs and kids in or to define the space of the yard, but in the city, it's can be used as a design element. Rather than fencing has space so you can see through it, tightly woven, tall fencing can create an
katie moss landscape design
What's not to like? Oh my roses and such a cozy healthy growth. Reminds me of my cousin's front yard
or garden-savvy friend plant a climbing rose on your wedding day. This can also be done in containers if you live in an apartment or a home with a small yard. You'll enjoy watching it grow more beautiful with every anniversary.