Houzz is the new way to design your home.
208,761 small yards Home Design Photos
Beautiful Small Landscape
"walnut color" which is a blend of varying colors that were chosen for their match with the bluestone which was used for the wide walk leading into the yard. I hope this is helpful!
"walnut color" which is a blend of varying colors that were chosen for their match with the bluestone which was used for the wide walk leading into the yard.
terraced side yard with privacy fence
it's always going to draw you in. And as this yard proves, you don't need a lot of space to achieve it.
6. Stylish patio in Minnesota. This paver patio and small garden make a great outdoor entertaining space. Houzz readers saved this photo for its small-space inspiration and lush landscaping ideas
Chicago Green Design Inc.
Don Maldonado @ Chicago Green Design
great idea to have it at the other end of the yard looking at your house so that your view from the house is also more friendly
The small yard looks big. Looks like my yard.
I like the idea of having a patio off the kitchen sliders, then grass, then another patio at the back of the yard for lounge furniture
course. The new turfs are more realistic and just as durable. This homeowner made the synthetic grass look even more realistic by keeping the turf area small and breaking it up with other finishes.Leave it: Microtopped concreteThe luster and depth of a concrete microtopping is surely covetable, but it’s not
Dave Adams Photography
Extend yard up to side door?
Pebble small cozy feelings, perfect for a garden brunch
Bench with small table and two chairs
Are we even going to have space for a side yard?
While this small yard is casual and colorful, it's still very French. In a small space, adding color through flowers and linens gives a country feel that's equally as inviting as that of the previous
Side yards make great outdoor spaces. Generally, any side yard that is 10 feet wide or wider has a lot of potential. But keep in mind that side yards are commonly used for walkways, so it is important to maintain at least 3 feet
feet of width for a walkway around your seating area.See more ideas for a side yard
Loudoun County Kitchen & Bath Remodeler
We are designers and builders of home additions and renovations throughout Northern Virginia. Our team of designers, craftsman and builders have been in business for over 27 years.
Little Miracles Designs
A Park Slope Modern
Great use of a small yard
Makes our yard look huge!
small outside area decking
side yard...small yard...small yard...Small garden...Small neat space...mcm yard
Tobin + Parnes Design Enterprises
Historic Brownstone Renovation
What is the name of the slate that is used. Are their rectangles and squares here? do you think this would complement a small japanese garden ?
The small enclosed garden creates privacy, intimate space and the mini pond is a bonus...
look at small white umbrella coming out. very cute for side small space
Small space and lots of foliage.
small yard-rental with big usage and greenery.
levels out the land. same fence as our yard too
Small yard, no grass. interesting spaces.
An aerial view of a dude who has made the most out of his postage-stamp sized yard.
The client wanted patio space for a chair so she could relax in the sun when the mood struck. The only spot in the yard with any sun is near the fence gate. A full-range New York Bluestone patio was added using 30” x 30” slabs. These slabs are dry-set so leveling was a challenge.
Small yard but great landscape and privacy
Small not a lot of upkeep
Mark Brand Architecture
Japanese Inspired Remodel in Noe Valley-Exterior
LANDSCAPE. expand this small pond - could ours look like that?
Bamboo fence along neighbor's garage. Stray from the ordinary. If you have to have a fence or wall, try going with a unique material. This bamboo adds interest to a retaining wall and helps enhance the yard's Asian feel.
7. Build a small pond. When you have a small yard, you may not want a water feature to dominate it. A pond in the back corner will beckon visitors to your yard's outer edges.
4. The power of fencing. In the suburbs and the country, fencing is often used to used to keep dogs and kids in or to define the space of the yard, but in the city, it's can be used as a design element. Rather than fencing has space so you can see through it, tightly woven, tall fencing can create an
Aloe Test Garden
Veggie garden for a small area
10. Add edibles. Even a small yard can handle a few pots of peppers and herbs, and you may be surprised at how easy it is to fit in one or two small raised beds. If you’ve been considering adding an edible garden, why not make this the year to try it? Start with a small, manageable garden, and grow
beginning gardener, start small with your favorites. You won’t be overwhelmed by either the care or the harvest.
5. Make the garden work for you. Want to harvest fresh herbs and veggies in your slippers? Consider relocating your vegetable garden from the back of your yard to right against your patio
garden movement is growing by leaps and bounds, and in many suburban areas it's no longer uncommon to see tomatoes and peppers growing in the front yard and expanses of grass given up in favor of raised vegetable beds. A family of four doesn't need a huge garden to provide fresh, local food to supplement