Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
watercolorist

baseboard color dilemma - must paint tonight before toilet and sink are installed

watercolorist
12 years ago
We renovated our small bath. The walls are a semi-dark taupe and the floors are bottichino honed marble. The vanity is dark, chocolate brown with brushed nickel hardware. The sink and toilet are white and the counter top is bottichino polished marble. There is a large, bright medicine cabinet and all the other hardware in the room is brushed nickel. What color should the baseboard be? Should it be the same as the soft white on the windows or should it match the dark taupe walls?

Comments (5)

• Emily H
    12 years ago
    I really like keeping baseboards white to match the windows. It gives such a clean crisp line.
  • calendargirl
    12 years ago
    I agree, white will make a good contrast with the taupe and brown and will bring them to life. If you paint the baseboards to match the taupe, the dark shades will just merge together.
  • watercolorist
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Thanks so much for your quick response. When it is all complete I will put a picture on line so you can view our finished room.
  • calendargirl
    12 years ago
    That would be great...would love to see it....hope you manage to get it all done tonight!
  • watercolorist
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Me too!
Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012