Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
erincg

Need help - Patio Furniture Question

erincg
9 years ago
So we JUST finished our bluestone patio and got some furniture for it. The house is mid-century modern but i'm trying to bridge the modern with some rustic beachy to make everything feel more comfortable.
Questions:
1. does the rug that we got work with this furniture? i'm not sure??
2. what would be some good "accent" side tables to go with this furniture? (and yes, that's a firepit - color is concrete just like the bluestone)
i was thinking maybe a pop of red, yellow or blue solid color, or maybe a mosaic table? but would a bright color be too much? and would a mosaic table be too "shabby chic"? Urgh - i'm really bad with putting different styles together and making them work!! I need some suggestions of what would look good!
help please :)

Comments (12)

• decoenthusiaste
    9 years ago
    Is that a table cover over the coffee? Can we see what it looks like? I'd say you need to add more color to the cushions. Can you trade the beige ones for something striped or floral with some color? Then your rug can stay as is or change to one of the colors in the chair fabric. You need some excitement here, so look into vibrant colors.
    LoHi Private Residence · More Info

Roof Terrace by Frank Holbrook Design · More Info
    erincg thanked decoenthusiaste
  • erincg
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Patricia - We're just working on planting the yard, so yes, there will be flowers boxes and a lot of green around once we're done. My question is just about the furniture and how to brighten that up. Thank you for your input!
  • erincg
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    decoenthusiaste - thanks for your feedback. Yes, i was planning on getting some bright throw cushions for sure, but not sure which color scheme to go with? i thought we would first get some bright side accent tables and then get the pillows, but i have no idea what colors would work best here? The black cover is over the firepit - it's a concrete color so it matches the bluestone and is neutral. Any suggestions for colors to go with here? And do you think bright accent tables would look weird with the current clean/modern look?
  • Ginny Lizotte
    9 years ago
    You need a larger rug. Buy an indoor outdoor one that is multi colored. Look at Capel rugs and Surya. Once you found the rug, pull a couple of colors out of it for accessories. Looks like a beautiful spot.
    erincg thanked Ginny Lizotte
  • groveraxle
    9 years ago
    Plain tables, wild pillows:
    Khristian A Howell Greenwich Gardens 3 Outdoor Throw Pillow · More Info

Orange Coin Carving Garden Stool · More Info

Mykonos Blue Floral Sonia Stool · More Info
    erincg thanked groveraxle
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    9 years ago
    Don't like rug. Go a color that is closer to stone. Go round 7 ft should do it. Square isn't working. Go reclaimed on tables to stay in beachy look. In the blue grays.
    erincg thanked Nancy Travisinteriors
  • Nancy Travisinteriors
    9 years ago
    Put some pillows on furn in a blue gray a seashell print.
    erincg thanked Nancy Travisinteriors
  • PRO
    Olympic Lawn and Landscape Inc
    9 years ago
    These side tables would be perfect for your outdoor living space. I am sure you could find other colors if orange is not your top pick. Also what ever color you choose I would try to match some patterned throw pillows. Hope this helps, good luck with everything.
    erincg thanked Olympic Lawn and Landscape Inc
  • erincg
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Olympic Lawn - can you tell me where to find those? thanks!
  • groveraxle
    9 years ago
    erin, that is called the SEI Indoor/Outdoor Round Metal Accent Table. You can google it, but good luck finding it in stock.
    erincg thanked groveraxle
  • PRO
    Cascio Associates - Site Planning - Landscape Arch
    8 years ago

The main problem is the background, like walking into a room with chaotic wallpaper! Whatever you do on the terrace will be overshadowed by what lies beyond, it cannot be avoided.

First you need to simplify the surroundings by a continuous evergreen row of plants that hide the fence and the neighboring properties. You have made a good start, but continue, probably with all the same species of plant, or similar. It will take years, with the sizes you have invested in, so move the short ones to high ground and by large for the low ground.

Until that is accomplished, unfortunately, no matter what you do on the terrace will be futile effort, though your ideas may be exactly right, they cannot be appreciated.

cascio.offsite@gmail.com