Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tavolla

Let' have fun!!

tavolla
9 years ago
Any suggestions are most welcome to redecorate this living ,I have to keep the furniture and the couch,please advise on cushions if this sofa actually needs some and if yes which shape and colour,rug,curtains or voile or blind,which accent colour, with my magnolia cream walls.....thank you very very very much

Comments (30)

• tavolla
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    More pic
  • tavolla
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    More
  • Rina
    9 years ago
    Playing in my lunch break ... nearly 2pm here. Just a few basics -- the first link is to the rug which is a handknotted piece from a range made by Afghan women, according to the website (first source below).

Another colour that I'd like to play with is deep red, but don't have the time right now. Good luck!

http://www.purelivingcollection.com/review/product/list/id/2384/category/248/
    http://www.arzustudiohope.org/lp/?gclid=CIvv6v-c_r4CFejHtAod70QALw#
    http://www.amazon.com/Cardigan-Lavender-Decorative-Throw-Pillow/dp/B005HQEYPO
    http://www.cb2.com/que-white-20-pillow-with-feather-insert/s637592
    tavolla thanked Rina
  • sondramartina
    9 years ago
    Azur · More Info

I like this pale green combined with knotty wood and brown leather
  • Dar Eckert
    9 years ago
    Looks like you have a very conservative style. To change that up a little, I would start painting the walls white. Maybe paint the legs of the coffee table orange. Buy a nice big art piece with orange in it. Pillows go with different textures. ie furry, shiny, matt etc. Put a large colorful tray on the coffee table and a lamp or vase with poppies in it on the end tables. If you don't like orange go with another bright color. The idea is the same.

Modern Condo · More Info

Lori Dennis Interior Design · More Info

West Hills Victorian · More Info
    tavolla thanked Dar Eckert
  • groveraxle
    9 years ago
    Eleven photos, and I still don't have much of a sense of this room. It seems very small. Does the TV have to go in the corner, or is there a flat wall where it can sit?

In any case, you could use color to spice this up. Curtains and pillows are two matchy-matchy and everything is brown. Margo's teal would be a good choice for accent.

If you want to go monochromatic and stay in the brown/beige range, then you need to add lots of layers and textures for interest. Let me see what I can do.
    tavolla thanked groveraxle
  • dsdswssa
    9 years ago
    I like the furniture placement. It is a challenge when you have so many door opening and windows. The colours are very much like what I have in my living room., but we have dark rosewood flooring. The curtains and pillows are cute - maybe add accent pillows in a red, orange or green. It can be a pattern or solid, either will add the pop of colour you need. The teal green vases suggested by Margo are nice too. I do find you have quite a bit of wood in the room. Painting the top of the coffee table black would help tie in all of the dark furniture with the wood items. The mirror over the sofa is gorgeous, but could be raised up a bit. Also some artwork on either side of the mirror will help finish off the look. Good luck!
    tavolla thanked dsdswssa
  • dsdswssa
    9 years ago
    I have been having a very hard time deciding on a colour for our living room walls. But looking at your pictures, I am definitely considering magnolia cream. It is beautiful with your furniture. Thanks
  • User
    9 years ago
    Looks like you need a new chandy and this in itself would add some pizazz;)
    Toltec 273-BC-435 Black Copper Finish 3-Light Downlight Chandelier · More Info
  • User
    9 years ago
    Painting out the mirror frame over the buffet in the dining room would help to give contrast and color.
  • PRO
    Frames By Mail
    9 years ago
    Add some color to the room with accessories. Framing photos of your vacations or favorite places.
    tavolla thanked Frames By Mail
  • tavolla
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you everyone,changing the wall colour is impossible now....and paint the coffee table is an impossible mission for me..thanks warner decor but i live in london
  • tavolla
    Original Author
    9 years ago
  • glschisler
    9 years ago
    The graphic designs on the throw pillows & drapes go more with the leather & wood furniture than floral accents. So when you shop look for those elements.
    tavolla thanked glschisler
  • groveraxle
    9 years ago
    Monochromatic:
  • groveraxle
    9 years ago
    Funky and colorful. Rug, art, red pillow, yellow bowl all from Ikea.uk.
  • tavolla
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    What do you think of this coffee table and side tables ,instead of what i am having now ,please......as the roomis small i think glass will open it up!!!!do you think this round coffe table will be too small for the sofa
  • groveraxle
    9 years ago
    Here is your room with everything removed except the sofa. I've added the coffee table you linked above. (It does appear a bit too small).

Now, with the room empty, my question is: how do you want it to look? Can you describe what you're going for? Or post an inspiration room? (Your ideabook doesn't give a clue.)

My suggestion would be to look for more texture and color, something different from more wood and glass. Something with more interest.
  • groveraxle
    9 years ago
    And here is your room with two pieces of art from greatbigcanvas.com for color inspiration. All furnishings from next.co.uk.
  • tavolla
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Groveraxie, you made my day,I dont know if you beleive in God,well i made a prayer for you.....thanks
  • tavolla
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    And groveraxle,i love this living,
    Our Island Retreat · More Info
  • PRO
    ALANA WILLIS STYLE
    9 years ago
    Hi Tavolla,
    I'd be more inclined to go for rich textures of creams, chocolates and golds. This will keep that warm feeling in your space. An easy way to pump up the vibe in a room is adding a gorgeous mirror and natural linen drapes from Ikea or West Elm.
    How about a textured but neutral rug from West Elm like the Kazbah or Souk rugs. A creamy wool throw rug and some velvet light brown cushions. I also love the idea of using metallics like gold to add richness. I like the Penny cushion from Castle and things in Australia. I'm sure they'd be able to post to you.
    Good luck with it! Remember that it's the kind of space you want to be warm and inviting for yourself and guests. Cool colours like blues will be cold, whereas warm colours like greens chocolates & creams will add warmth. Stay away from reds & oranges… they can look dated.
    Good luck & don't hesitate to check out my profile: http://www.houzz.com/pro/alanawillisstyle/alana-willis-style
    or
    www.alanawillis.com
    x Alana
    tavolla thanked ALANA WILLIS STYLE
  • groveraxle
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Ooh, that's a nice room. I'm not sure how I made your day, tavolla, but you invited us to have fun...so I did. Everything in the room below can be sourced at next.co.uk
  • glschisler
    9 years ago
    I really like the bold pops of color!
  • tavolla
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Groveraxle,may I ask you to use your software with these colours,please! thank you
    http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/7ebbba29#/7ebbba29/12
  • groveraxle
    9 years ago
    tavolla, you know how you go to the hair stylist with a photo and say you want your hair cut just like this, and then it's finished and you're disappointed because you look nothing like the model in the photo? Sometimes rooms are like that, too. The Laura Ashley room is beautiful, but it doesn't have a big dark sofa stealing all the light. This is the best I could do.

Everything in the rendering below is from Next except the art which is here: http://www.greatbigcanvas.com/view/morning-fjord,1059582/?s=Htv1art4anemhss3cEaKuwzCbMQ3zVQWFXlyaENN4E81zbnaKoxnjHeEfBQv
  • tavolla
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Thank you for the software,it is so true iam gutted,what else can i do throw a new sofa....,well right niw i can not afford to get an other one and i am sure nobody will buy it ,they will prefer to buy a new one!!!!!!!!