Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cofeedrnkr

curtains

cofeedrnkr
12 years ago
were these curtains hand mase or can you buy these?
Living room · More Info

Comments (5)

• bepsf
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    First off - They're not curtains or even draperies: They're valences with jabots layered over woven wood roller blinds.

You'll never find anything like them on a shelf in a store - They're completely custom.
  • PRO
    Lola Watson Interior Design
    12 years ago
    Thank you for your question! The custom designed top treatments, inspired by Sheraton design, were indeed custom made using fabric (a Brunschwig & Fils toile) that matched the COM fabric used on the sofa. But, because the sofa was designed for a previous home, some years had passed from the original fabric order and the current dye lot was a tad off (the ground color was a bit deeper). In order to fool the eye into seeing a match we accented the treatment with a deep red silk trim from Scalamandre making the ground appear lighter than it actually was. These valances are hung over hand woven grass shades by Conrad Shades (and operated by hand as a roman shade) to lessen the formality of the Living Room since it is after all a lake home. If we can answer any other questions please do not hesitate to ask.
  • cofeedrnkr
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    Thank you Lola Watson for the info. I now have an idea how to make these, do you remember when they made jabot and valances with styrofoam board and L brackets?
  • PRO
    Lola Watson Interior Design
    12 years ago
    A point or two of clarification: the scalloped design was actually traced from an antique Sheraton serpentine chest but I'm sure there is a similar pattern in one of the drapery books. The cascades are 'stacked' which is my design preference for a tighter, more trim look. Also, we do not use foam core (and never did during the 39 years I have designed), but actual wood boards that are covered with lining and then coordinated fabric that was used in the window treatments. Then L brackets are used for installation. I am sorry that your very honest questions resulted in a rather unprofessional episode on this site. Please feel free to contact us for any additonal information we can provide. Best wishes!
  • ellenwitko
    11 years ago
    A beautiful room, Lola Watson Interior Design!