nicoleclare

Has anyone used lg hausy minuet quartz?

nicoleclare
We are redoing our master bath. i love the look of marble countertops, but want to go with something that will be easier to maintain. We are doing carrara marble floors, white cabinets, and a freestanding tub. I think I am going with the minuet quartz countertops, but would love to hear if anyone has used them and whether they are happy with them. Thanks!

• 8smores

The pendants are from Restoration Hardware Baby and Child

• gailk14

Thank you!

• Andi

8smores your kitchen looks great! We are doing white shaker style cabinets, minuet quartz, as well. Will do beveled edge matte subway tiles. Can't decide on white grout or light pewter (http://www.groutperfect.com/laticrete-grout-color.html) to pick up some of the minuet vein color. What grout did you use for your subway tiles? Love your pendants too :-)

• gailk14

We're planning to go with dark grey shaker style cabinets with the minuet quartz. Has anyone gone with a dark grey (Farrow and Ball Down Pipe is the exact color) and have any photos? Instead of a back splash will probably bring the quartz above the stove and use the white shiplap in other areas of the kitchen to offset the dark cabinets. And I'm going to use 8smores great pendants on the kitchen island!

• Andi

Gailk14, I love them too:-) Definitely a strong contender. Thanks for sharing 8smores!

• melisa7270
    We are not finished with our home but, wanted to share what the kitchen looks like so far. We went with mindful gray for the upper cabinets and our base cabinets are a dark Silas gray stain that have a weathered look. The minuet counter tops are so beautiful. We used a soft gray subway tile for the backsplash.
  • 8smores

Thanks Andi. We used a light gray grout from Lowes, but I can't remember the exact name. I'll let you know if I can find it. We are super happy with it.

• Andi

8smores, would you mind sharing your wall color? I'm looking at agreeable gray or repose gray ( it's an open floorplan). Your color looks great with the kitchen!

• 8smores

It's Repose Gray, Andi. We have an open floor plan, too, and used this color in most of our house. We've been very happy with it!

• melisa7270
    Another pic of minuet
  • kolonko

Thanks for all the pics 8smores, your kitchen is swoon worthy! What a daunting process this has been deciding on countertops.. Seeing posts like yours and melisa7270 helps ease my mind that I am making the right choice with the minuet. Can I ask since you have lived with Quartz, how do you like it? Any issues with fingerprints or regrets at all?

• 8smores

I love quartz!! We used it in our kitchen remodel in our old house and were so happy with it that we decided to use it again when we built our current house. We have two kiddos and they've set hot things on it and cut on it, with no damage whatsoever! Quartz holds up well with no special treatment needed. It does tend to show smudges, watermarks, etc. in certain light but I've found a quick rub down with Meyers countertop spray easily cleans it. I don't have any regrets. Good luck with all your decisions. I know, it's totally overwhelming!!

The Kitchen Place

Here is a kitchen where we mixed Silestone Lagoon with a marble subway tile. It looks great....sorry wish pictures were better! Someday I will get pro shots taken.

1925 Plain & Fancy Kitchen - Dayton Ohio · More Info

Melissa Broffman Interior Design

Just LOVE the LG Minuet Quartz countertop material. So much that I used in in my own kitchen and am specifying it now in two others. To me, it's the most realistic looking faux marble on the market.

• diyher

Thanks for posting the photo TheKitchenPlace of the marble tile and Silestone. I want to put Viatera Minuet with Marble backsplash, possibly Calcatta Gold

• cbcurrie52

We are looking to redo our kitchen. I love this countertop. Does anyone know where I can find it in Michigan?

• theta1999

I purchased my minuet countertops at Hard Rock Stone Works in Sterling Heights, Michigan. They also have a small show room in Troy, but the main facility where you pick out your slab is in Sterling Heights. I was very impressed and would highly recommend them.

• cbcurrie52

Thank you

• c2chuckcampbell

Had an estimate for LG minuet and Cambria Torquay and they told me I will have a seam on my U shape island. Has anyone had an issue with seams marrying up?

• liro03
    Here are a couple photos of the only seam in our minuet counter top and picture of kitchen for reference. No complaints. We absolutely love the minuet.
  • c2chuckcampbell

Looks great! Thanks for the pics!

• paige_costolo

@melisa7270 - I love your subway tiles! Can you let me know the color and brand? Thanks!

• Andi

We are just getting our "Minuet" installed and I'm wondering what is your favorite quartz cleaner for daily use?

• 8smores

I like Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Countertop Spray.

• Jay Walsh

@8smores what are the dimensions of your kitchen and the island?

The Kitchen Place

I love Method All-Purpose Cleaner. All natural ingredients but smell amazing! I use the Pink Grapefruit but they have several other flavors! :-)

CLICK HERE TO SEE ALL METHOD FLAVORS

• 8smores

Jay, my Island is about 8 feet by 3 feet plus a 12 inch overhang. The kitchen is approx. 19 feet by 16 feet.

• Laura McPhee

Will minuet go well with cream cabinets (coconut from Kemper)?

• donna0503

Not sure how "cream" that is but my first answer would be no because it is pretty white and may make your cabinets appear dirty. With the cream cabinets a better look might be the LG Viatera Aria. It is an awesome color or if you specifically want that more white look... take a look at LG Viatera Cirrus as it does have a bit more creamy background. Hope this helps.

• Laura McPhee

Thanks - will take a look at those too:)

• diyher

ironwoman1212, if you are still participating :) I like how you used the upper cabinets on the one wall with horizontal doors. Since my main reason for doing that would to be place lights inside and use display items, the horizontal door could be made by the company doing it for me. Where if I used 2 vertical, the doors wouldn't look as nice.

Is your kitchen 9ft ceilings? if so, what was the height of the top glassed cabinet? Out of the three cabinets on the wall, one of them will include the cabinet above our fridge just like you did :)

Almost forgot, what special hinges did you use?

• diyher

hard to find in this long thread, but anyone who had Viatera minuet installed, did you go polished or honed? I was asked the other day by a company giving an estimate. I thought honing would take away from the stain resistance compared to polished?

LGHausys won't give me an answer, saying only fabricators would know.

• home obsessed
    LG Hausy Minuet just installed in our bathroom - it looks amazing. I was at a standstill bc I wanted quartz, but also a marble look alike (sue me♀️) AND I didnt have much left in our budget. The fabricator happened to have this as a remnant. I'm VERY happy with the result!
  • devyon

What color are your cabinets home obsessed? I'm looking at putting in Minuet but we are doing SW Pure White cabinets. I wasn't sure if the cabinets would make the miniet look dingy.

• home obsessed
    You'll be fine. My cabs are just a stock color that came white ("crisp"). But I had a similar fear bc we painted all our trim SW extra white and I was worried the really white trim might make the cabs look dingy white but they don't. So I imagine yours would be similar.
  • ournewplace

I chose Minuet for my kitchen. I also liked it for the creaminess since my cabinets are not a bright white. They have a tinge of warmth in them. I just had a designer caution me not to use it as she heard that the product is far inferior to some of the more well known brands like Zodiac and Silestone, not real quartz, and chips easily. Has anyone had this experience at all? She also told me that putting a "basically white counter top" on a creamier white cabinet looks horrible. She told me that Minuet comes up way more white than the sample shows. I see warmth and creamier tones in it. Can anyone add some insight. I thought my mind was made up, but now I am second guessing my choice. I am going for a clean, classic and timeless look. I thought this counter really pulled in the beautiful tone of my hardwood floors.

• diyher

I think you and I had the same "designer" comment on our choices. I was told white and antique white don't go, but I disagree, I've seen it plenty of times and it works with the right shades of those two colors.

I too was going to go with Minuet. I had it in mind since at least 2014. 8 of my base cabinets are Cherry wood with a medium warm Walnut stain all in an L-shape on 2 of my walls. The rest of the room including the uppers and island will all be Antique White. Someone suggested I also take a look at LG-Viatera's Soprano. I checked it out in the store and that night went home and ordered a 6x12" piece $25 so I could have it against my new cabinets and kitchen lighting. For my colors I ended up liking it much more of how it went even though I still like the Minuet.

• ournewplace
    I think I am going to run over to the fabricator to cut me a larger piece to live with for a few days. Thanks so much!
  • diyher

lucky they do that for you. The fabricators where I live only order full slabs and don't usually have small pieces around to give out.

• diyher
    I changed my mind a few months ago. now we are getting Viatera Soprano, they will be installed tomorrow
  • Rachael Thompson

Diyher, Can we see some pics?

• afschling
    Lg minuet quartz
  • blublublubly
    Hi. Great pics of the minuet. Can you post a couple of close up photos? What backsplash do you have?
  • Rachael Thompson

Any ideas how Minuet would look with a natural/ lighter wood color on the island, and white perimeter cabinets?

Chic Sophistication · More Info

Ansley Kitchen Renovation · More Info

• Alison Styles

I am looking to buy the Lg minuet havent gone to see it yet but is it white white? My cabinets are glossy white just want to make sure the quartz is not creamy and will go well with my cabinets

• blublublubly
    You need a good sized sample of the Minuet to hold up against your cabinet door and appliances at various locations and various times of the day.

I am redoing my kitchen and I want to use Viatera Minuet but am having trouble Picking the right color of white to paint my cabinets would love some ideas

• TdotNewbie

Hi all - I have been tossing around countertops for 4 weeks now. I have pure white cabinets, darker stainless handles - and want something open and fresh - but not sterile or cold looking. My basement is white on white .. on white, but I wanted to elevate my upstairs kitchen a bit more.

I am debating looking at this LG quartz for its white (as I am partial to that clean look)- but I find that with pure white cabinets, some whites do not play nice, so I am leaning towards a slight contrast.

What do you think as a countertop option (back splash will be a white textured subway tile, with a slight grey undertone)?

• Rachael Thompson
    I like that grayish countertop! Show us your final pics when you decide
  • TdotNewbie

Thanks Rachael, it's a hard one! i like the look of white - but enough is enough, and too much is too cold. the mid tones never make an appearance anymore - so i may take that chance, and darken / lighten it with accessories if needed.