Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
evie_neumann

thoughts on this rug with my furniture?

Evie Neumann
9 years ago
moving into a larger space, thoughts on this rug. it is a woven blend of hemp, suede, and silver metallic leather.

Comments (15)

• hayleydaniels
    9 years ago
    It should look fine, but I bet it will be hard to get clean if anything spills on it. We had some throw rugs out of a woven material, and they stained to no end. Finally got rid of them for that reason.
  • Evie Neumann
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    is there a product like scotchguard's spray for suede shoes I could use on a rug of this kind?
  • mfwolfe
    9 years ago
    I have a woven leather rug that has done great in a variety of conditions. Within weeks of getting it I spilled a whole glass of cider on it. Then it was glass after glass of water. Then I got a coffee table.
    It is in front of our wood stove where there is some soot etc, although not much. At first We tried vacuuming but that didn't seem to accomplish much so now we take it outside and shake it every couple of weeks and mop under it so that grit that falls through won't abrade it.
    One day in desperation I took an almost dry mop to it and it worked like a charm. It looked brand new. I think treating it like you would a pair of leather shoes is better than waterproofing.
  • mfwolfe
    9 years ago
    As far as the look, it doesn't seem to blend too well with the flooring. Since it is woven and the flooring will show through I think the match should be very strong.
  • leelee
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    The rug is very cool but I'd like to see you introduce a little color besides just more brown
  • PRO
    User
    9 years ago
    Aesthetically, the rug is cohesive with your wonderful room design theme and color scheme. Regarding function, how will the rug remain firm from rippling on the floor with foot traffic as it appears thin? A Berber area carpet in off-white or oatmeal/brown/off-white blend will lend harmony and durability to your scheme. One side note, the large T.V. slightly over powers the console its positioned on.

Follow Lifespace on Houzz & Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/lifespaceintl/lifespace-month-of-july-design-offering-board-virt/
  • Evie Neumann
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    thanks for your comments, the rug will be placed under coffee table with a rug mat underneath, so there won't be much foot traffic to be concerned with. New wall color will be taupe-grey. Accent colors will be in different hues of blue and green. Television will be mounted on wall above buffet, flanked by the two bookcases.
  • flyr4fun
    9 years ago
    Looks like it fits the look of the rest of your furniture, I like it. I also agree that it may have practicality issues for a room that will be used daily. Can you lay it out in the room and take a picture or is the photo from a showroom?
  • Evie Neumann
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    wow, checked out your website. wow. your rug is beautiful and i think you designed my dream house. Thanks for your thoughts! (Finne Architects)
  • PRO
    FINNE Architects
    9 years ago
    Thank you for your kind words about my work!
  • Chem K
    9 years ago
    Agree with comments so far on the practicality aspect. Some alternatives with similar tones to go with your colour palette
    Nourison Graphic Illusions 7'9" x 10'10" Grey Rug · More Info

Juniper Area Rug, Rectangle, Light Brown-Gray, 7'9"x10'6" · More Info

Gardenia Area Rug, Rectangle, Light Brown-Gray, 7'9"x10'6" · More Info

Momeni DELHI DL33 BROWN RUG · More Info
  • PRO
    Empress of The Eye Pillow Collections
    9 years ago
    I have always lived with a remnant of an animal print area rug. They last FOREVER, never go out of style and it will never show any soil. It would be perfect with your dark wood. Too chic!
  • Chem K
    9 years ago
    Found a picture to inspire you
    Spice Warehouse Tribeca Loft Living Room · More Info
  • Geneviève
    9 years ago
    Looking at you cabinet I think that this one would be better

Handwoven Sisal Natural/Olive Sea Grass Rug · More Info