Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanme924

Do I keep it the same color as the main family room or choose a differ

Nancy
9 years ago
I have a large family room and behind it is a smaller room with the wall cut in front of it. It could be referred to as an enclosed porch and I will be placing my indoor/outdoor sectional in there.
The smaller room has windows which is great to let the light in.
Currently the family room and that smaller room are the same light color.
I need to paint that smaller room because of damage to the walls.
Should I keep it the same color as the family room so it looks cohesive or change the color ?
If I change it, what color? I'd like to take advantage of the natural light and keep it light.

Comments (9)

• Nancy
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Closer photos of the room
  • Nancy
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Here's the couch I'm putting there. I'm flexible with the pillows since I like to change things from time to time.
  • PRO
    Leanne Michael L U X E lifestyle design
    9 years ago
    I love this special room! I'd treat it as a separate space as well and define it with a complimenting wall color to your joining room. The bright green pillows can be your jumping off point for color.. Green and pale blue are gorgeous together so is green and a pinkish orange begonia color ~ all with glossy white trim.. Fabulous! Have fun with this, it's a great space!
  • decoenthusiaste
    9 years ago
    Great start to a nice sunroom. Add an area rug that picks up on the pillow colors, and pots of plants. If you find that sun fade or glare is an issue, try bamboo roll up shades, fiber or fabric roman shades. If you just want to filter light, sheer curtains would do the job.
    Sun Room · More Info

Sunroom Serenity · More Info

stately manor · More Info

Hyde Park Renovation · More Info
  • Nancy
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Love all the ideas!!! Choosing paint color is my dilemma. I get paralyzed.
  • Nancy
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Love the bamboo shades! Will definitely get those.
  • decoenthusiaste
    9 years ago
    Paint is selected after fabrics and is usually the last step in completing a space. Why? Because paint can be custom blended to go with fabrics, but fabrics can't be changed to go with paint. Install all the other items, then pick some paint colors and buy sample pots and large white poster board. Paint a 12" square of color in the center of the boards and move them around the space over 24 hours to see how the colors react to changing light.
  • bgfuqua
    9 years ago
    I like the present color.