mthcmp17

Who'd you steal the art from?

mthcmp17
You definitely didn't "use photoshop" unless you used it to blatantly rip off actual artists. The Karate Kid piece is by a guy named Matt Owen, and I've seen some of the others around Etsy/ImageKind as well. Stay Classy.
Contemporary Family Room · More Info

• janeyandchloe
    Why are you attacking him for " ripping off the artists."

He printed them for his personal enjoyment. For all you know he may have bought them directly from the artist.

Most importantly,..... Why do you care? If anything it's good exposure for the artists......
    Joseph Lese, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP
    Thank you for bringing up this discussion point. I've edited the post to clarify it as a personal project to describe how to create wall art, for personal use (which this photo is of is my apartment and I am not selling these), and to not mislead. Photoshop was only used to get a consistent border around each image before sending them to the printing company, not to create the actual art as I am not the artist. Not all images were of the same size. All artwork credit goes to each said artist, naturally. Again, thank you for bringing this to my attention.
  • mthcmp17
    @janeyandchloe: You don't think artists should get paid for their work? And how can be "good exposure" for the artist if he is not credited and the designer makes ambiguous statements (in the green tag for the art, before it was edited) that seem to imply that he did the art himself? To Mr. Lese's credit he edited the post to remove the ambiguity.