Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lenapaul823

what kind of pic is better to place here?

lena
12 years ago
i wanna put some photo frames here,but no find the right position, if i just place a large size of pic here,easy to settle,but what kind of pic is better with this wall color(purple stone)
staircase · More Info

Comments (12)

• Emily H
    12 years ago
    Were you going to place it below the sconce? It's hard to tell the scale from this angle, but I think I would opt for a few smaller photo frames just because I feel like if I were to use a single large piece, it may appear too low under the sconce.
  • lena
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    thx guys,good idea for me,Placing the separated pics is better choice for this wall with lamp in the middle place
  • paulineledao
    12 years ago
    Is it possible to move the light higher and put a grouping of pictures below
  • PRO
    Kelli Kaufer Designs
    11 years ago
    Place cluster of art/pictures above, below, around the sconce.
  • PRO
    Charmean Neithart Interiors
    11 years ago
    Consider mounting a mirror there instead of art. You can mount the sconce on the mirror, have this done by a professional glass company. It would look nice to have a reflective element as you come down the stairs.
    California Cool in the Castro-Bathroom · More Info
  • PRO
    Joni Koenig Interiors
    11 years ago
    I like the suggestion of a large mirror with the photos following up the stair.
  • PRO
    Lakeside Development Company
    11 years ago
    I would do a grouping of mirrors
  • mousemaker
    11 years ago
    you do'nt really need anything there..sometimes less is more :)
  • Shari P Kantor
    11 years ago
    Use Charmean's suggestion about the mirror combined with the sconce, then line the other walls with art--either one large painting on either side or several smaller works.
  • mousemaker
    11 years ago
    sorry :) i guess i'm the person who doesn't like mirrors :) if you do though, it's fine.
    i wouldn't want to see myself walking down the stairs, you know? with extra light?
    i don't like mirrors in dining rooms either. i don't want to watch myself eat. i don't like mirrors over fireplaces, or TV's!!! i'm a grinch :) i'm not sure why something has to be in that space. maybe a tapestry or quilt would be an idea? again, i'm sorry to be disagreeable :) :)
  • Shari P Kantor
    11 years ago
    Hey, mirrors aren't for everyone. But the sconce is too small for the space, so maybe just a much bigger, possibly custom, light fixture on that wall.