0
missingmaroma

Shiplap

missingmaroma
I am using shiplap in a similar situation but am not sure how to finish the other wall in the stairwell (at the same time only bringing it halfway up the wall). How did you finish the shiplap on the other side of the stairwell? Hope this isn't too confusing. Do you have a picture? Thanks for your time.
Lake Front Country Estate · More Info

Markalunas Architecture Group
    I have attached a photo taken during construction...hopefully this helps.
  • bellinghambythebay

kind of you to add a picture. May I inquire the width of stairs and dimensions of the landing (midpoint landing) thanks!

Markalunas Architecture Group

Stairs are about 4'-9" wide. The landing is about 4'-9" x about 9'-6"

• bellinghambythebay

Does the 4'9" width of the stairs include the area with or without the railing spindles? thanks so much!

Markalunas Architecture Group

I think that the railing is outside that dimension...assume an additional 3"-4" for that.

• suzmcwhorter1
    Are there any seams in the shiplap? How long are the pieces? 1 inch thickness and 8 inch width correct?
    Markalunas Architecture Group

The shiplap is 1x8 so 3/4" x 7 1/4" with a 3/16" gap or reveal. each piece is an individual board so there are seams at the ends of each board. Trim carpenter usually uses "biscuits" and glue to join pieces together, then sands joints. Painter does the rest.