0
missingmaroma

Shiplap

missingmaroma
What width was used for the boards on the shiplap? Thank you.
Lake Front Country Estate · More Info

Markalunas Architecture Group
    The shiplap paneling is 1x8.
  • jen2089

Can you tell me spacing between shiplap boards? Thank you!

Markalunas Architecture Group

Typically the gap is about 1/8" to 3/16"

• jen2089

Thank you!!

• janovskyfam

This is awesome! Is that reclaimed wood on the ceiling, if so how do you clean it for household use?

Markalunas Architecture Group

The ceiling is a reclaimed oak flooring material...the supplier ran it through a planer, leaving a mix of smooth and rough surfaces, and it was put up raw.

• 7carpileups
    Looks amazing! Was the trim installed over the Shiplap? I’m currently installing real Shiplap that is 3/8” thick. I am having trouble visualizing how the trim and Shiplap will come together to look aesthetically pleasing.
    Markalunas Architecture Group

If the ship lap is 3/8" and your trim is 3/4" I suppose you could have the shiplap die into the 3/4" trim (base/case/crown)...although that may pose some challenges depending upon the framing or blocking behind it. If you run your shiplap first (being that it is a similar depth to 1/2" drywall) you could apply trim over the top of it and not have too much trouble around door and window jambs. The issue with shiplap behind trim is filling/painting shiplap grooves where they meet vertical trim. Might be best to mock it up to see what looks and works best. I think on this house the trim is over the shiplap.