Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toriasingla

Real wood veneer?

youre_right 74
9 years ago
I have loved this design from day one! I'm wondering if you could share the "veneer" on the built-ins? I love the way the grain direction matches the tile. Thank you, and congrats on a stunning design!
Parkwoods Home · More Info

Comments (6)

• youre_right 74
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Just saw the answer above - it hadn't shown when I looked on my iPhone. I always look at previous questions first! I will definitely post pictures of our project when it's finished. If imitation is the greatest form of flattery, I will definitely flatter you!! :)
  • PRO
    Bravehart Interiors
    9 years ago
    Thanks! Appreciate.
  • toniacon
    9 years ago
    Thanks. I am the home owner and I picked all the finishes in this reno. Thanks for the compliments! I put a lot of time and effort into choosing everything.
    youre_right 74 thanked toniacon
  • youre_right 74
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    Tonia - now I am feeling a little bit like a stalker in that case. ;) We have literally chosen your fireplace and cabinetry as a guide. Fantastic.

Would you mind sharing with me which veneer you purchased for this project? (Brand/color) If not, totally OK. You have provided us with so much already, even if you didn't know it! :) Really appreciate it. Beautiful all around!
  • PRO
    Bravehart Interiors
    9 years ago
    While materials are very important to the final look, the behind the 'scenes' work is mission critical.
    Make sure you have a tight plan of the wall proportions and the 'blocking' of elements; meaning the ratio of 'the cabinetry side stands' in proportion to the 'central feature - the fireplace wall'.
    Planning the size of tiles on the fireplace wall to fit without having to be cut (full sized tiles not being cut look more clean cut!) is most important.

Tonia made sure all of these details happened. Our firm was the space planner who insured the room sizes on her new Main Floor connected to each other, window sizes were designed brought in proper amount of light, traffic patterns and storage worked for client's family. The detailed Floor Plan View accomplishes this part of Planning.

But then, you need to go into further detail with an Elevation View drawing of each specific Site Line, such as the Feature Wall in the Living/Family Room.
    So, the next step is to make sure you have an Elevation view to scale
    Document the length of the Feature Wall, the height of the wall, the size of the functional items to be installed on the wall (size of TV, size of Fireplace, and in this case, also size of Bar Fridge) before you focus on which materials to use to build the actual Feature wall.

This approach of drawings to plan every inch of space is the step to take first and can happen with pencil on paper, using an Architect's Scale, working at 3/16" = 1" scale.
    You don't need a fancy software program to do this thinking/planning.

In fact, some software programs out there do not allow you to work to a plan which shows 12" x 24" tiles on a Fireplace Wall!

Sometimes old technology ensures you are able to capture every detail in the Planning Stage!
    youre_right 74 thanked Bravehart Interiors